Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DJ Event Tips

Hello wonderful Line6 community. I am not a DJ but I did agree to play music at a buddy's wedding so I was just looking for any tips or tricks from existing users. I have 2 L2Ss, 2 L3Ms, 1 L2T, M20D, all the long L6 Link Cables and Power Cables you could shake a stick at, and a quad box to run power. I plan to play music off my Macbook Pro and have a couple microphones and a solid stand and long cord for them. Will my computer plug right into the mixer or should I plug it into one of the L3Ms? Any other tips for setting up or anything you think I might miss would really help me out. Trying to cut some corners and avoid some mistakes. Long time lurker and owner of the whole Variax line so really excited to get in here and get some advice. Thank you all. 

Woha! You'll have a BLAST!
Put the MAC through the M20d, along with the mics...so you have a single control point.
With the mixer you can also control the M3x-M2y chain as a single entity, and you can also set the Equalization easily. And various effects if you wish.
Actually, if you put yout music on a flash drive, and plug that into the mixer, then you don't need the MAC at all ...with the integrated Media Player in the M20d!
Do rehearse in advance, do not improvise on The Day!
Improvisation leads to disaster...(unless you're Miles Davies!!!:-D )

Edited by flanger68
typos

Awesome. I didnt even think about using a flash drive for the mp3s. Ill bring the mac for back up. I will rehearse a few times this week for sure. Thank you for the tips. I have never used any of this equipment outside of jamming at my house so I am a bit nervous. 

Haha! the M20d is stupendous...obviously, using a song repository right off the mixer is lean, but won't let you do crossfades and other DJ tricks...if you have a DJ-ing program on the computer, then use that one...
Or, hookup both (computer AND embedded file player on the M20d),  so you can fade between the two on the mixer....that's what it's made for!:-D
Please rehearse in advance!.-)