Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Expression Pedal advice

sbeam3

I recently bought the Mission SP1-L6H for my Helix and it is working good! I want to use it to increase my gain in my amps mainly, but does anyone know a good way to do this with an expression pedal without increase the volume of the amp? Can you somehow get the volume attached to the expression pedal so it will go inverse to the gain? So when gain goes up on the pedal, the volume goes down? Just curious if anyone else has done this yet.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, sbeam3 said:

I recently bought the Mission SP1-L6H for my Helix and it is working good! I want to use it to increase my gain in my amps mainly, but does anyone know a good way to do this with an expression pedal without increase the volume of the amp? Can you somehow get the volume attached to the expression pedal so it will go inverse to the gain? So when gain goes up on the pedal, the volume goes down? Just curious if anyone else has done this yet.

Thanks!

You can assign multiple parameters to an expression pedal. You already know how control gain. Make your minimum 2, and maximum 8 for example. Now assign the channel volume of the amp model to the same expression and make the minimum 8 and maximum 6 for example. Now when to toe down, the gain goes up and channel volume goes down. Tweak to taste. 

• Upvote 1