Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider Classic 15 Guitar Output issues

janguiano

So, I have a Spider Classic 15 and am having issues with the guitar output sound. Whenever I plug my cell phone into the MP3 input I get sound just fine but when I unplug that and plug in my guitar I get nothing. The tuner works just fine, so it's picking up something. I've already toyed around with both the volume knobs on my guitar and the amp and still nothing. I also tested the cable and my guitar with another amp and they were working just fine. This just doesn't make sense to me because it plays sound through the MP3 and the tuner also works. I got the amp as a Christmas present over a year ago and it's been fine up until now. Am I going to need a new amp or is there some solution to this I'm not seeing?

I assume you have tried turning up BOTH the channel volume and Master volume controls.

It sounds like something n the input circuitry has gone.  You can try a factory reset first, to see if that helps - hold the 'Clean' button in while turning on the amp, hold it in for a few seconds after the power comes on.

Unfortunately, the 15 is not field serviceable (it would cost more to try to fix than it sells for).  If its still under warranty, you can bring it back to the store where you purchased for a replacement.