Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Quick Helix Firmware update "best practice" question

cwelling

When applying a flash memory update like the latest, 2.54, is it still necessary to reboot with the switches 9 & 10 held down to reset the globals and restore factory presets or is that only for updates that provide new models/presets?

That is not necessary. The new update process has incorporated that. 

One thing I do though is reboot after importing or moving presets around in a setlist. That way it goes through the "rebuilding" process for those particular presets. I don't know if that is necessary but the unit does "rebuild" them so I figure it is important for best practice purposes anyway. 

On 3/28/2018 at 6:10 PM, cwelling said:

When applying a flash memory update like the latest, 2.54, is it still necessary to reboot with the switches 9 & 10 held down to reset the globals and restore factory presets or is that only for updates that provide new models/presets?

According to the firmware update instructions this step is no longer necessary but I still do it sometimes. Your question is a good one, I've wondered the same thing. It would be great if someone from Line6 would chime in and state definitively once and for all whether it is still a good idea to execute the global reset after a firmware update. Their silence on the subject I suppose could be construed as an answer in the form of "if we didn't say to do it in the firmware upgrade instructions then it is not necessary."

• 1 month later...