Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Block visibility of On/Off

cruzfolmli

Hi there, is it possible to increase the visibility between what blocks are on and off?

I often have to click things on and off to be able to tell what is on. I note on the Helix LT or Floor it is super obvious to tell what i son or off (the off pedals are much more dimm)

Yeah, I have the same problem. Sometimes need to click on stuff to see if its active. It needs to be improved.

FYI, I just filled out a support ticket and reported it, and told them others have mentioned it in this forum. Maybe we'll get some traction....

• Like 1

I submitted a ticket for this, and heard back from Line 6:

Hello,
Thanks for your interest in our products. In order for your feedback to reach the right people, we ask that you submit your comments, ideas, and suggestions to our IdeaScale where ideas are voted on, with commentary, sometimes by the Product Managers themselves: http://line6.ideascale.com/
We take your feedback very seriously and appreciate the time you take to help us better serve you with better quality products.
Best regards, L6 Support Team

Fine, I'll make the suggestion, but it seems more like a UI design flaw to me. I went ahead and submitted it; here is the IdeaScale suggestion:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Helix-Native-Make-Block-On-Off-Selection-More-Obvious/925874-23508?submitted=1#idea-tab-details

If you're not familiar with IdeaScale, you gotta create an account, and then you can submit Line 6 Ideas, or vote for them. Top votes get more attention. Please vote for this if you want it fixed.

I also sent through a bug request. Because the software isn't behaving how it should.

I think the main difference is actually in the text of the block.

Have a look here:

In the first picture the on and off blocks have the same brightness to the text compared to the second picture (the helix editor) which has a much more dimmed text. I mean you can also clearly see how much more dim the blocks are (look at the Verb)

capture2.JPG.9359c9812c358b9c7254f5e067d13300.JPG

helix edit.JPG

Thanks for posting this and letting Line 6 know — its may be the only way it'll get noticed & fixed. The square surrounding the blocks, the block symbol, and the text could all contribute to highlighting which blocks are turned on. I think they just need a more obvious difference between the levels for dim/off and bright/on. Even simply underlining or bolding the text for "On" might work. Some usability testing would find the best solution....but if its easy to differentiate in the Helix hardware editor, should be easy to leverage the code.

...it still weird to have to submit an idea, and get votes for it, in order to fix an obvious user-interface problem. But if that's the way its gotta be done, so be it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

fyi, I tried an example Photoshop treatment to create more contrast for blocks using a HXN screen shot. Top row of blocks is untreated (the way it looks in the current plug-in), the bottom row I treated so the On blocks are more obvious. (The same blocks are turned on or off in each row.) Of course we users can't fix the current plugin problem using image editing, but it serves as a demonstration: 

UI.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...