Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Wanted DT25 combo Mid Sussex UK

Fenderflame28

• 4 weeks later...

The name Middlesex is derived from the old English 'Middle of the Saxon kingdom'. We also have Essex (East Saxon), Wessex (West Saxon) and Sussex (South Saxon).

I live in the middle of the South Saxon kingdom., quite different from the south of the Middle Saxon kingdom.

Strangely we don't have a Norsex - no-one knows why...

HD500x and JTV '59 along with a 1983 Fender Flame and a partscaster tele.

I have a gig on Friday this week so won't have time to set up all my patches for L6 link with any confidence beforehand. I'll go 4CM for now as the pod is already set up for that.

The plan is that the DT25 replaces an ageing Mesa Nomad.

Sounds like a good call.

if you are using the ‘59 for acoustic stuff there is a good patch called Acoustic DT based on a patch by Rads that I modded so it also has an ‘out’ to the PA through the effects loop (whilst maintaining a decent enough stage sound).

Experiment with pre and full amps as some seem to sound better one way and others err, the other.

I used a high quality mic lead for L6 before ‘upgrading’ and whilst I’ll probably start a whole new thread by saying this, I don’t personally notice any difference! Maybe my gig-shot ears before someone jumps down my throat!

lastly, gigging anywhere near Bromley? Might come and see you!

OK, it's arrived, I've plugged in and this does not look or sound right:

The cracks and pops you hear are what I heard. Really loud for the last two seconds hence I stopped recording and switched it off. I'll be in touch with the seller tomorrow to see what they say. Anyone here had this? If it's the valve should I get the seller to pay for re-biasing or if I just go with an Electro-harmonix one is it bias free? I come from 'Mesa-land' where we just buy the right valve and never need to bias.

Thanks

That tube is "red plating",... shut it off, keep it off until it goes into the shop.

Output transformer and relays, plate resistors will have to be checked by a

factory authorized tech who knows the insides. E&M in Milton Keyes, or my mate

Mark Wright Music in Northampton. Mark used to be my opposite number at

Line 6 Rugby, when we had a location there. He knows this stuff as well I do.

What tubes are in it?

The Brand and numbers, what are they?

What are the Ip and Gm numbers on each of the power tubes?

-->These power tube sets need to be biased.

Hi.

Thanks for the response, and the questions. The EL84s look to be Electro Harmonix EL84EH tubes but the text has worn off them and numbers are unreadable. The other tube is Electro Harmonix 12AX7EH 1305.

Serial number on the amp is (21) A913M6145001809. Not it sure how old this makes this amp? If they are the original tubes then a re-tube and bias should certainly be in order.

I bought it used from a reputable UK dealer (GAK) and have 14 days return if there are issues. I'm thinking there's no way they will FOC the checks you list above. I'll ask them tomorrow and then return it to them if they won't play ball.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Good thing the glass didn't pucker-in. Those connection show some carbon scorching.

The plate resistors, load resistors, and output transformer will need to be checked

by an authorized service tech who know the product.