Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Saving preset to a new location without overwriting name

Halloumikev

Hey, 

Is there a way of saving a preset to a different location without overwriting the new locations name? I've just tried to save some time by prenaming a set list worth of presets, with the idea of finding some settings I like, then saving them to that preset for each song. One problem, it renames the preset unless I put in the name I want again, therefore, I've not saved any time whatsoever, the opposite in fact.

Hoping there's an easy solution, if not nevermind. Would be a handy function though; save to a different location but keep that location's name.

Cheers!

Pretty certain there's no way to do that on the unit itself. Using the editor, I'd just copy the name you wanted to keep first, overwrite it with the new preset, then paste the name back in.

FWIW, or can't think offhand of any software or device that has that feature. Typically part of what you want to save when you save a preset is the name.

Not trying to be argumentative, but I'm not sure I understand why this would be a helpful feature. Honestly, if this were Helix's default behavior, it would drive me insane. I move patches around all the time... but if the names didn't travel with them, after a few maneuvers, I'd have no idea what's what. Maybe is it me...

I pre named a whole set list at home, so that, at practice, when I find a sound that fits, I could just save it into the song of that name. The option would be good. Instead now most of my set list is called German ubersonic or angl whatsit or cali rectifire etc. Luckily it's in our next set order so I'll be able to identify them easily enough. 

I hear where he is coming from, I do the same thing, I have a bank or three of stock sounds, and like to run a preset a song for my gigs.....so being able to copy a preset named "Modern Heavy Rhythm" into preset 46 - Enter Sandman....it would be a nice feature if you could choose to not overwrite the name.   Not a huge issue, but more cumbersome when using the onboard editing as opposed to the PC version with a keyboard/mouse.