Sign in to follow this  
Kidwags

Microphone set up

Is there someone who can give me a step by step run down of how to set up my SM58 to the Helix Floor. I can't find any information on this topic. Yet, I see on Youtube many videos but, No installation instructions on settings. I have my SM58 connected but, No sound. What are the proper settings I am not following? Thank You

Moved this over here so perhaps someone can help you out.

Nothing to it really, especially with a SM57 since it doesn't require phantom power which has to be setup up in global settings.

The most important thing is don't plug and unplug the mic while the unit is on as it can cause an electrical surge that might affect your microphone port.  Just plug the mic into the Mic input and turn on the unit.  On a blank preset select the input block and change it from 'Multi' to 'Mic'.  From there I normally add a Studio Tube Pre from the Preamps and whatever else you want in the signal chain.  It outputs in the same was as any other input device.

In the global settings (I believe in the Ins/Outs section), set the Mic In Gain. If I remember correctly, this needs quite a push.