Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider V vs Vetta 2

hibrar

My vetta 2 died, been looking for a replacement used with little luck. I've checked out the spider v, and despite some people's biased reviews, I'm not seeing a lot of differences between vetta2 and spider v other then the vetta can run 2 amps side by side. Even the custom celestions seem to be the same.

Am I missing anything?

I am not too familiar with the Vetta except they sound very nice on clear tones on you tube.  Very good amp!  Have you had a chance to try a Spider V 120 or 240?   Other than looking at side by side feedback comparisons ..That is what I would do. If there is a Guitar Center close by , they most likely have a demo you can try out.  The Spider V 240 I have is a real beast and can deliver nice clear tones. I bought it a couple of weeks ago.  Man, is there a bunch of tones you can extract from it.  I love the many modeling amps!  I believe that the Vetta also has stereo speakers like the the Spider 240 which delivers a nice 3D sound.  I am sure you have already checked out the You tube on the specs and tones of this unit.  I would expect that there will be some responses  that you will receive on this forum ...Unless someone is very familiar with the Spider V AND the Vetta  I would be careful on being sold a bill of goods from OPINIONS!  I would try a Spider V out. Tones and sound as you know, vary with different ears!  It is your ears that need to make the choice. Good luck!