Amiderfenn

Looper sounds bad with complex sounds

Hi,

when I am using the Helix looper with a preset with complex sounds e.g. with long delays and fancy stuff, the loop sounds poor after recording. The sound is more or less cut off.

Is that normal? 

Carsten

--

Helix (Firmware 2.53) 

Are your long delays and reverb cut off right at the loop seam (where loop starts and starts)? If so, I don't recall a setting that be used to tweak this. My Boomerang looper, for example, uses a 10 ms volume ramp at the boundary to even those sorts of effects out, or you can remove the volume ramps for drones/eBow stuff. 

I think you're going to need to describe what's happening a little better if you want help.

On 4/1/2018 at 4:30 PM, Amiderfenn said:

Hi,

when I am using the Helix looper with a preset with complex sounds e.g. with long delays and fancy stuff, the loop sounds poor after recording. The sound is more or less cut off.

Is that normal? 

Carsten

--

Helix (Firmware 2.53) 

Is there any chance you have an aggressive setting on the noise gate in the input block? This can be one possible cause of the sound cutting off as you have described.

Hi,

I tried several Presets and found now e.g. Factory 1 24D Crossover Synth.

When I record a loop with that preset than the synth part of the sound isn't in the loop.

Maybe this happens always with presets including the 3 OSC Synths!?