Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Anyone use the Logidy UMI3 to control a Helix?

haller88

Since I had no response - I thought I would bump this up to the top. I read in the manual and in some earlier posts that the USB channel can be configured to receive MIDI so I believe this will work. The use case is that as a lead vocalist and primary guitar player - I would like a fairly foolproof method to switch into a louder lead option from an amp patch. I am finding that the wide array of buttons on the Helix (had a similar issue with the HD500) and small spacing makes it too easy to hit other buttons right next to the one I want to press. I am thinking the a small MIDI footpedal in front of the mic and having the HELIX off to the side for initial setup before a song might make the system more foolproof. I am thinking of ordering the Logidy and trying it out and I will post results if successful... 

Looks like the answer is no and I will return the pedal to Amazon. The Logidy needs USB power to run and it appears that the Helix doesn't provide any options to provide power. I hooked it up to my TC Helicon Voice Live3 and it powered up and of course powered up with my computer. With my Helix - it is dead as a door knob. It appears that you can send Midi over the USB but it can't power any devices - back to the drawing board...