Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

7 cable method One amp with 2 effect loops

vazquezcpr

I'm trying to set up my rig and was wondering if it was possible to run the 7 cable method on am amplifier with two effect loops? I'm no pro... Just play at church and some Christian rock here and there... Just enjoy having nice things... This is my floor board so far... 

-Ibanez JSA5

-Ibanez AZ224 BIG

-Kramer1995 Strat (Fender Noiseless Pickups)

-HX Effects

Boss DS1

Mission Engineering Expression Pedals

-SKB Stage Five FloorBoard

-Fender Mustang V Half Stack

-Fender Champion 100

AD85A357-962A-4753-80B4-C21438456C18.jpeg

I am not seeing the benefit of 7cm into an amp with two loops. You either want effects in front of the amp or in the loop. Putting effects in two different loops seems redundant unless there is something I don't understand about that amp. Maybe those loops are in different parts of the amp's circuit. It would seem however that it has two loops so you can control them independently with the amps foot switch so you have a little more control with different effects in those loops. Even then with Helix, that is not necessary. 

• Like 1

On 4/4/2018 at 1:21 PM, jbuhajla said:

I am not seeing the benefit of 7cm into an amp with two loops. You either want effects in front of the amp or in the loop. Putting effects in two different loops seems redundant unless there is something I don't understand about that amp. Maybe those loops are in different parts of the amp's circuit. It would seem however that it has two loops so you can control them independently with the amps foot switch so you have a little more control with different effects in those loops. Even then with Helix, that is not necessary. 

I think it's more likely to set a stereo ambiance... Not really sure... (Something like in the manual with to amps)... I got the board recommendation... I just thought maybe I can have it all set up and just move instead of setting it up every time I go to a different gig... Don't know if I'm making sense here... Thank you for the response...