Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

"Click Here For Common..."

robbieb61

Please get rid of the "Click here for common faqs and basic information" side popup on mobile. 

It makes the forum unusable now on my Samsung phone.

It covers up text on the right side of the screen and is impossible to dismiss.

• Upvote 2

This is an ideal candidate for a User Preferences setting! Not sure if the software Line 6 is using supports such configuration. Many Forum software products also have a rich 3rd party realm of add on products. Perhaps, Line 6 will consider this moving forward....

Assuming it has to exist in the first place, which I don't buy, it just needs a close button, ideally one that gets remembered forever.

But why isn't this just another sticky at the top of the list? Those are kind of obnoxious too, and could use their own close button and auto-saved preference, but way less.

27 minutes ago, zooey said:

Assuming it has to exist in the first place, which I don't buy...

Of course it doesn't... if it "had" to be there, it would have showed up on day one of our glorious new environment, but it didn't. It was added later because somebody, somewhere said : "Look what I found... what a swell idea!", and turned it on. 

That's funny, I logged in for the first time and saw the new forum and struggled with that stupid black bar on the side... like "how do I close it"...

then I see the first post is about that stupid black bar on the side...

knock knock.... who's there?... get rid of the stupid black bar on the side

gjgfjkdfslajsdflkjsdlfkjsdfsdaflkjsdalfkjasdf;lkjasdf;lkj

'fjhkfgkljfglkjfg

fffffffffffffffffffffff9f9f94kjdjhdsjcncfvnjmdf   dj     fdjff

fjnfjfjfjff

jkhgfkjhdfkjghdfkgjhdfgkjhdfgkjhdfgsdafkjsdafkjh

sdflkjsdflkj

'sdfkjhsdflkjfjfjfjffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff49494949494

fff

m

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, duncann said:

gjgfjkdfslajsdflkjsdlfkjsdfsdaflkjsdalfkjasdf;lkjasdf;lkj

'fjhkfgkljfglkjfg

fffffffffffffffffffffff9f9f94kjdjhdsjcncfvnjmdf   dj     fdjff

fjnfjfjfjff

jkhgfkjhdfkjghdfkgjhdfgkjhdfgkjhdfgsdafkjsdafkjh

sdflkjsdflkj

'sdfkjhsdflkjfjfjfjffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff49494949494

fff

m

L6's response to a FOIL request regarding the new forum software? ;)

lmao... and just in case this wasn't irritating enough, the Helix forum is now the only one I can get into,  because I had it bookmarked. When I go to the main forum page, instead of the usual list of sub-forums the only option I'm given is the "Dream Rig" forum... everything else has vanished. Think I'm about done... perhaps I'll give it a go in a month or two. Maybe by then they'll have fixed some of this nonsense. 

This is pretty bad. :(
And not only this problem...but I just saw that if I'm not logged in, you can't see ANY forum on desktop except the "Dream Rig" one!

So that means a new Helix user looking to check out the Helix forum...can't.

I would have fixed this stuff on any of my sites in about the first 5 minutes. Somebody needs to find a new webmaster for Line 6

If I expand the browser window so it takes up the whole screen on my 17" MacBook Pro it eventually moves off to the side revealing the text underneath. So the workaround for this feature no one has ever clicked on seems to be to use a big display and expand your window size so it takes up all of it. Awesome!

Is you're using a desktop and it's a bother, you can use a Chrome extension called Web Override.  I posted a hack recently in another thread about the black bar.  

free app... just a minute or so to rid yourself of the issue.  Unfortunately, no hack for mobile devices as of yet.

On 4/7/2018 at 1:28 PM, soundog said:

...makes no diff using Safari on a 13" MacBook Pro or 27" iMac. Its like a festering boil.

I can understand why it's irritating on a phone screen. It's a little in the way on my iPhone X screen, but even on my iPad Pro screen, the 10" version, it's not really a big deal. On the 28" monitor I have my laptop connected to, it's not really noticeable at all. I mean, it's way over on the right hand side of the screen...

cc9a6282-61eb-45e5-8555-331ae33cb49b.png

27 minutes ago, marmatkat said:

It's a big fail on my iPhone. Makes the site unusable because it BLOCKS THE POST TEXT. should have been disabled long before now. You're driving users and potential customers away. 

IMG_1297.PNG

I have no real say in the matter, other than I can tell Line 6 what I think about it. I have no ability to remove it... I don’t work for Line 6.

20 minutes ago, cruisinon2 said:

I seriously doubt that it would be much of a "revelation" for the powers that be... 

New good. Old bad. More new! lmao

The powers that be... Lol. No one at Line 6 is anything like that, I can assure you that. I just think the stuff with forums is one of many responsibilities for the people doing it. I know they have been frustrated with the change and have spent many hours on the phone with the forum software customer service people.

29 minutes ago, phil_m said:

The powers that be... Lol. No one at Line 6 is anything like that, I can assure you that. I just think the stuff with forums is one of many responsibilities for the people doing it. I know they have been frustrated with the change and have spent many hours on the phone with the forum software customer service people.

I haven't a clue what you think I meant, but "the powers that be" is nothing more than a catchy phrase for "the people in charge"...I would assume that somebody, perhaps several folks,  fit that description, as it relates to the forums.

I'm also reasonably certain that whomever they are, they're probably NOT oblivious to the fact that the redesign,  and especially the ever-present, twitching FAQ bar,  are not exactly what you'd call wildly popular...thus the request to "inform" them through back channels is likely a waste of time. I don't think it's a mystery to them...

Just now, cruisinon2 said:

I haven't a clue what you think I meant, but "the powers that be" is nothing more than a catchy phrase for "the people in charge"...I would assume that somebody, perhaps several folks,  fit that description, as it relates to the forums.

I'm also reasonably certain that whomever they are, they're probably NOT oblivious to the fact that the redesign,  and especially the ever-present, twitching FAQ bar,  are not exactly what you'd call wildly popular...thus the request to "inform" them through back channels is likely a waste of time. I don't think it's a mystery to them...

It's not a waste of time... They want and constantly ask for our feedback. You're ascribing all sorts of motives to the responsible people that simply aren't there.

42 minutes ago, phil_m said:

It's not a waste of time... They want and constantly ask for our feedback. You're ascribing all sorts of motives to the responsible people that simply aren't there.

Lol...Ok  I surrender, as this is now rapidly becoming a contest to see who can come up with the more comical interpretation of somebody else's post. But for the record, I never said a blessed thing about anyone's "motives". I said that it's quite likely that they already know about the issue,  and therefore formal "notification" wouldn't accomplish much. No more, no less. 

If I'm mistaken about that, and they were all blissfully unaware of all of this until just minutes ago, so be it...

Obviously whoever was working on the forum design for Line 6 didn't look at it in mobile. 
Dumb mistake...but stuff happens.

Maybe Phil can point it out to them and they can take a look at it and remove it.  :)