Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT Switch On Issue

umling

Hello

I have a quick question about my Helix LT. It's a great multieffect and I'm extremely happy with it both in rehearsal and in concert. However, lately, when I start it after a few days without touching it, it doesn't start, it stays on the start page and it continues without showing me the page with my patches. So I have to turn it off and on again to get to the page with my patches. I've done the updates without any worries, I can play for hours with no problems either, but at startup, it happens more and more often. 

I already created a ticket and apparently it would be an internal program issue at startup. That being said, apart from the two-stage switch on phase, everything else works. I updated it, I can rehearse with my band, do concerts. So I'm embarrassed to send him back to the store for this. If anyone's ever been confronted with this, I take the advice. Nevertheless if I have to do it, I'll do

Marc (from France)

Does anything show in in upper left corner when this occurs?

I've had my LT for just under a year. Within the first month I experienced twice what you are describing. It would never boot up. In the upper left corner of the screen it read :-28  in red letters.

I opened a  ticket and Line 6 support instructed me to do a factory reset.

Long story short, I've never experienced the issue again.

Same thing happened to me, twice (red -28 in the upper left while booting). I noticed it happens only if the USB cable is plugged in my Helix.

So maybe it's not related but since I boot my Helix without the USB cable, it never happened again.

I didn't think to look if a message was displayed in the top left corner. I will also look at the history of the USB cable connection at boot time.
I've already wondered if there might be an effect. I'm gonna test this tonight.

Okay, so I don't have any messages in the left corner.  I didn't put a USB cable on it, but I had to reboot it twice.
I had made a back up, made a factory reset, and reinstall the backup, no problems. Once again, apart from having to start the helix LT in 2 times, I have no problem functioning... I do not understand where it comes from...