flanger68

StageSource+StageScape PA: what level are used in tipical gigs ?

Hello Community: to those of you who do gigs with the Line6 PA system: what levels do you set on the Master out on the M20d, and where do you set the Level pot on the M3M/Ts facing the audience ?

In medium/small venues i mean...bars, small stages...

Is it better to keep it high on the mixer ( -10dB ?) and low on the speakers...or keep the speaker level knob on the middle notch position, and then adjust on the mixer...sorry for the maybe mundane question but i got no experience live with this PA and will have some in the near future possibly...

And no, i can't try this at home!:-)

Cheers,

Alberto

I keep the speaker levels notched in the middle and vary the mixer output level to suit the room. If I do the gain staging properly in the mixer (channel input trim and levels) this method has always been OK for me.

• Thanks 1

Cool!
In my hime studio (which is 100 square meters) i keep the L3Ms in the notched mid-position, and on the mixer i can't go above -24 dB, it gets too loud already :-)

small rooms I will run my speaker levels down to about a 25% so that I can get a bit more level on the mains...It helps get the MainLR recording a bit more nominal.

Lovely spaceatl...to what levels do you get on the M20d main out ? -20dB ? -10dB ?

Cheers, a.

Seems to be around -10 or -6...just depends on how small the room is...The trims on my speakers get really sensitive down that low...but it really helps the noise floor on the recording...

• Like 1