Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Studio Gx Makes A Sound

I know that in manual is an info about a "pop" sound after pod gx gets voltage from usb. Basically it should do it every time it is connected to a power supply (by that i mean usb of course). The problem is that i hear that  hit/bum/pop sound every time a video player or an audio player goes in focus. It sounds like the device is in iddle mode before an aplication is run or in focus. It worries me because this pop is loud enough to damage in time my speakers. Did you notice anything like that?

As one may find in the manual:

Be sure to always power off or mute your speakers or monitoring setup before connecting and disconnecting the USB cable between your Line 6 device and computer, as well as before booting up or shutting down your computer if the device is already connected. The best practice is to always power on your speakers last, and power them off first when connected to other audio gear to avoid a “pop†which could be damaging to your speakers (or to your ears!).

Engineering didn't predict that in some cases active monitors have their volume knob on the back side! How I may do it? Every time I start or close the system take my 10kg monitor off the shelf and turn the volume knob down?????!!!

So you leave your powered monitors on all the time?

Power speakers on last and off first is pretty standard.

An easy remedy would be to invest in mixer.

Doesn't have to be fancy, a small one would do.

This way you could turn master down when powering on or off?

• 3 weeks later...
An easy remedy would be to invest in mixer.

This way you could turn master down when powering on or off?

I bought it to use it without any additional equipment. If I knew that this is normal behaviour I would take under consideration NI Guitar Rig and different soundcard. I've noticed that sometimes the same pop sound occurs when I maximize Reaper's main window after being minimized. Mixer in this case would do nothing. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

I've noticed that sometimes the same pop sound occurs when I maximize Reaper's main window after being minimized.

OK I found the reason. Remember to set default format in windows to the same value in which your DAW operate. I found that I had 16bit 44,1kHz set for Windows and 24bit 44,1kHz in my DAW. I changed it to 24bit and problem is solved. Probably switching windows caused bit depth changes which were accompanied by the "pop" sound. But still the sound is present at system power up and shut down. I wonder if in other sound cards it works like this...