Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

John Petrucci Original FX Preset

alemas

Hi,

i found a picture of Petruccis preset for axe-fx (see attached file).

Now, i have the following questions:

How to achieve a similar signal chain in Helix native?

What effects does he use?

What could be the settings?

I hope someone could help me.

Thank you and best regards,

alemas

petrucci-preset.jpg

This approach is not gonna work very well. Nobody is gonna be able to guess at settings based on a screenshot of a signal chain... and even if you had the settings, they're for a different device... this is a non- starter.

If you don't want to try and create your own patch, then check for Petrucci stuff on Customtone... though in my experience, that's also a long wait for a train that ain't coming. If you really want to learn how to tone-match, you have to experiment. Start with models of gear that he uses... various Boogie amps and cabs, or other high gain amp models that might yield a similar tone.  Get a basic tone first before you start worrying about FX.

18 minutes ago, cruisinon2 said:

This approach is not gonna work very well. Nobody is gonna be able to guess at settings based on a screenshot of a signal chain... and even if you had the settings, they're for a different device... this is a non- starter.

If you don't want to try and create your own patch, then check for Petrucci stuff on Customtone... though in my experience, that's also a long wait for a train that ain't coming. If you really want to learn how to tone-match, you have to experiment. Start with models of gear that he uses... various Boogie amps and cabs, or other high gain amp models that might yield a similar tone.  Get a basic tone first before you start worrying about FX.

I have tone-matched 7 amp sounds. They sound similar to the originals. Now i want to achieve a fx preset.

Hey!

yes that would be great. Is it possible to run the EQ and Vol/Pan in series, then the chorus, pitch and delay in the first path in series in a split-block and in the second path the EQ and Vol/Pan in series, then the delay and the multidelay with reverb in parallel in another split-block

alemas

On 4/11/2018 at 4:36 AM, jbuhajla said:

Multiple parallel paths would be very cool in Helix...

By using both paths 1 & 2 and running a parallel path A & B in each path, you have 4 paths you can use. They are, technically, all parallel but you can't stack them the way Petrucci does. I guess the way to describe it is two parallel paths that are in parallel. Does that make sense?

• 4 months later...