Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

500X 2nd Expression for Volume

augustyn

Hi Guys,

since i cannot regulate the Volume during using the buildt in Pedal as WahWah i wanna add an external Expression Pedal for Volume (And use the one on board just for wah).

So i plugged in another expression pedal and it works fine BUT when i change channel the volume is reseted to zero.

That means i need to move the external pedal a little bit again to have the same volume as i had before channel switching.

Thats not useful.

Is there a way to change that behaviour?

Thanks in advance

Auge

16 hours ago, pianoguyy said:

Stored values will be recalled when you open a patch. That is correct for just about every product on the market. 

It sounds as if you need to use a standalone volume pedal, not an external expression pedal. 

Thanks for your answer.

Volume stays open when i use the internal pedal.

Don't need to readjust.

Using my AFX w/two Expression Pedals it also does not reset the pedal values so i tought its the same w/500x

But if there is no solution i stay with the internal. Not the optimum but i can handle it.

5 hours ago, augustyn said:

Volume stays open when i use the internal pedal.

You are either full of koala dung or something is being lost in translation.

If what you say is true, ignore everything I have said because I obviously don't understand what you are saying. 

On 12.4.2018 at 12:20 PM, pianoguyy said:

You are either full of koala dung or something is being lost in translation.

If what you say is true, ignore everything I have said because I obviously don't understand what you are saying. 

No offending.

Sorry maybe theres something lost in translation.,

One more time.

When i use the internal pedal as a mastervolume it keeps the volumesetting when i change patches.

For example i switch from clean to crunch and dont need to touch the volume pedal.

When i use the external it doesn't. Its zero after changing patches even if the pedal is "open". I need to touch and readjust.

I ask if i can have the behaviour of the internal pedal for the external. And i added that this works w/afx i have.

Thanks again.

Auge

7 hours ago, Augeundso said:

No offending.

Sorry maybe theres something lost in translation.,

One more time.

When i use the internal pedal as a mastervolume it keeps the volumesetting when i change patches.

For example i switch from clean to crunch and dont need to touch the volume pedal.

When i use the external it doesn't. Its zero after changing patches even if the pedal is "open". I need to touch and readjust.

I ask if i can have the behaviour of the internal pedal for the external. And i added that this works w/afx i have.

Thanks again.

Auge

You need to set/save the min/max levels, and also (as I found out recently), with each and every patch you add the second expression pedal to, you need to disconnect/reconnect the pedal, then save settings, for the Pod to recognise that it is connected, and controlling the volume. This is a huge PITA when you already have the Pod fully setup with patches without a 2nd pedal, then try to add one. I recently raised the question if there is a way around it with Line 6, and THERE IS NO WAY AROUND IT GRRRRR!!!!!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 14.4.2018 at 1:41 AM, eenymason said:

You need to set/save the min/max levels, and also (as I found out recently), with each and every patch you add the second expression pedal to, you need to disconnect/reconnect the pedal, then save settings, for the Pod to recognise that it is connected, and controlling the volume. This is a huge PITA when you already have the Pod fully setup with patches without a 2nd pedal, then try to add one. I recently raised the question if there is a way around it with Line 6, and THERE IS NO WAY AROUND IT GRRRRR!!!!!!

Hi,

this advice helped a lot! And it worked.

Since i only use 4 patches w/stompbox mode it was not so much work to do.

Thanks

Auge