Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Enhancement Request: Ability To See More Than 1 Effect Parameter At A Time.

sonnyducks

I'd like to submit an idea for an enhancement where when editing effects on the POD HD500 itself (and the Bean and PRO too) you can see and edit multiple effect parameters on one screen.   Perhaps like pages where page 1 is something like they have now where you can select the effect type and a page two where 3 of the 4 knobs allow you to edit effect parameters and the fourth knob is a page back/forth knob.

I've always wished instead of 4 knobs that the HD500 has they would have done the hardware like the M9/M13 w/ 6 little knobs and kept a similar display for editing effects (with up to 5 parameters per screen).  I'm sure Line6 had a reason for the current design but it is what it is.

HD500 Edit provides what you want, and much more. The HD500 needs to be connected to your computer but it's worth it when you know you want an editing session more than a playing session.

There is no computer-based editor for the M-series devices.

Actually, there is a way to see all the parameters of an effect at once while editing on the POD itself. When in signal flow view, go over to the effect you want to edit using the navigation pad, and once the effect is highlighted, hit the "enter" button twice. This will take you into FX edit Mode. You still are limited to actually adjusting one parameter at a time, but you can see all the values for the different parameters on one screen. It's explained in pages 5.1 - 5.3 of the Advanced Guide.

Thanks for the replies guys.  

@silverhead.  Yeah I know doing it on HD Edit isn't a problem.  This was a request to make editing on the unit itself a little easier.

@phil_m:  Thanks for that info.