Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Need to rename VST to run Native in Ableton 10 on Windows?

tonykit

Hi, I did a quick search and didn't get any responses for Abelton or Live in this forum.

I have the Helix Native installed and no matter what I did I couldn't see Helix Native in Plug Ins. I can see my Echo Farm install and it worked. Just out of curiosity I copied the DLL and removed the "(x64)" from the name so that the name of the DLL is "Helix Native.dll" and then restarted Ableton Live 10 and is was in the Plug In folder and could be used.

I'm sure this is a problem with Ableton Live 10 and filenames, but just in case anyone else was trying to us Helix Native in Live 10 I thought I would tell what I found.

If for some reason my searching skills sucked and this is a known issue, I'm sorry.

PS This is Windows 10 platform.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been there too...

Be sure to install and use the VST2 version of helix. Ableton live is not compatible with the VST3 format wich is installed by default.

You'll also need to specify the installation folder of the plugin in the settings of ableton.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

No matter what I do Ableton 10 is not able to see HxN plugin (Windows10). I install HxN to Program Files/Vstpluging folder. They reside in ProgramData/Line6/HelixCore folder. HelixCoreWin_x64.dll and HelixCoreWin.dll. Other VST programs can find them, Ableton can't.
Yes I tried to copy them to Vstplugins folder - no luck.

• 2 years later...
41 minutes ago, dougabrams said:

When I go to preferences and go to file folder there are different settings than are shown in yours. 

Hi again, Doug,

It seems that the layout on the screen has changed since the older screen grab. If you look again, you can see that what previously was the "File Folder" contained the plug ins with the rescan options. Now on your screen shot you will see that the "Plug-Ins" now have their own selection tab - it has been added in Ableton Live 10.1 and above.

RESCAN for Plug-Ins routine should now be.

If the relevant plugin files are in the above folders, perform a rescan:

1. Launch Ableton Live and go to:
    WindowsOptions > Preferences
    MacLive > Preferences
  2. Select:

• Plug-ins tab (Ableton Live 10.1 and above)
      or
    • File/Folder tab (Ableton Live 10.0 and below)
  3. Toggle Use VST button off and on again:
    • Ableton Live 10.1 and above:
      • Under Plug In sources, toggle Use VST3 Plug-In Custom (Win)/System Folders (Mac) off and on again.
    • Ableton Live 10.0 and below:
      • Under Plug In sources, toggle Use VST Plug-In Custom (Win)/System Folders (Mac) off and on again.
  4. Hold down the [Alt/Option] key and click Rescan.

Hope this helps makes sense

Also check here:

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209071729-Recommendations-for-using-VST-plug-ins-on-Windows