Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Stage Scape Usb Wifi

Sorry for Google Traductor...

Hello everyone, I am going crazy trying to configure the WIFI on my MD20.

I tried to connect a USB WIFI ADAPTER NETGEAR's N300, I plug it into the mixer and says absolutely nothing.

I tried to configure an AirPort Express and the Apple creating a new network to which to connect the dongle but nothing.

I tried to connect the mixer to the base Apple via an ethernet cable / USB but nothing ...

That the mixer can not see anything?

The mixer must be able to connect to a network? Or he has to create a network??

There are some brands of stick not be used for compatibility issues?

The USB port works because it reads from a USB files inside ...

I'm going crazy ...

If someone helps me pay him a beer ... rather two.

thanks

Fabio

Ciao a tutti, sto diventando pazzo nel cercare di configurare la connessione WIFI del mio MD20.

Ho provato a collegare un USB WIFI ADAPTER della NETGEAR N300, lo inserisco e il mixer non dice assolutamente nulla.

Ho provato a configurare una base AIRPORT EXPRESSE della APPLE creando una nuova rete a cui far connettere il dongle ma niente.

Ho provato a connettere il mixer alla base Apple tramite un cavo ethernet/Usb ma niente...

Possibile che il mixer non veda nulla?

Il mixer deve potersi connettere ad una rete? Oppure è lui che deve creare una rete???

Ci sono dei marchi di chiavetta da non utilizzare per problemi di compatibilità?

La porta USB funziona perché legge da una chiavetta i file al suo interno...

Sto impazzendo...

Se qualcuno mi aiuta gli pago una birra... anzi due.

Grazie

Fabio

I haven't yet tried this (in fact we haven't bought the wireless gear yet) but the FAQ does list only a couple compatible USB wifi widgets:

Q: Which USB WiFi products are compatible with the StageScape M20d? 
A: The EnGenius EUB-9801, 
Samsung WIS12ABGNX (WIS9ABGN and a WIS10ABGN are NOT compatible), and Linksys AE1000 (AE1200 and AE2500 will NOT work)are compatible with the StageScape M20D. However, they may be discontinued at this time. We recommend using an Apple Airport Express and use Apple's USB to Ethernet adapter (UPC: 885909439560). It is also possible to use the USB to Ethernet adapter and a DHCP enabled WiFi Ethernet router.

I would assume once you have one that does work with it that you have to go into the wifi set up pages to get it to do anything. 

IE I doubt it will just autoconfigure when you plug in a working USB wifi adapter. 

Try yours again and check the wifi setup page to see if it's there?

The m20d should act like a laptop connecting to an external wifi network, if I understand it correctly. IE you set up a hotspot and have both the m20d and an iPad connect to that hotspot.. 

The EnGenius EUB-9801 is the one i use I got it from ebay, if you tap the "i" in the top right corner in the pop up menu pick network, if you select stand alone all you need is your wifi stick if you pick, (With an existing Wi-Fi Network is selected)

Select a local Wi-Fi Network if you’d like to join one. Tap the Network field and a window will open
to enable you to select a network and enter your password. do the same with your iPad then start the remote program on your iPad and it should find it.

Wi-Fi Remote Setup

M20d’s Wi-Fi support allows you to connect one or more iPad® devices simultaneously, for
complete remote control over all M20d mixer functions via the StageScape Remote app, which
is available for free from the iTunes App Store. Each iPad® can control different screens or different
parameters independently of the touchscreen on the M20d itself.
A USB Wi-Fi adapter is required, to be connected to the M20d’s USB port. Recommended
adapters include the EnGenius EUB9801, LinkSys AE1000 and Samsung WIS10ABGN.
It is also possible to use Apple’s USB to Ethernet adapter (available worldwide
from Apple) and a Wi-Fi Ethernet router.
the latest available info on Wi-Fi adapters.
Configuring M20d for remote control is easy. Just follow these four steps:
1. Connect a USB Wi-Fi Device to the M20d
This is the most important step. A USB Wi-Fi device must be plugged into the
M20d’s USB port to enable the StageScape Remote app to connect with the
M20d.
System Settings
9•3
2. Customize the Unit Name (optional)
The Unit Name is the name the M20d broadcasts as a network name, also referred to as a
network SSID. By default, the M20d will set its Unit Name to “StageScapeM20dâ€.
You can edit the Unit Name by tapping the name field and entering new text. When entering text for
the SSID, some alphanumeric characters are disabled.
3. Select a Wiireless Channel (if Standalone is selected)
Select a Wi-Fi Channel from the Wireless Channel dropdown menu.
4. Select a Wi-Fi Network (if With an existing Wi-Fi Network is selected)
Select a local Wi-Fi Network if you’d like to join one. Tap the Network field and a window will open
to enable you to select a network and enter your password.
5. Security PIN
Make a note of the four-digit Security PIN. The StageScape Remote app requires you to enter
these digits when connecting to your M20d. Note: The M20d automatically generates the four-digit
Security PIN specific to your device. The PIN cannot be customized.
Now you’re ready to configure Wi-Fi settings on your iPad®.

What I do not understand is the limited number of USB Dongle you support...

From a software developper's point of view, connecting a USB Stick to a USB Host, generates a script between the 2 systems (I purposedly not speak about computer...) and this string describes the sort of USB Key you connected. Then a network key, is a network key.

I made the bad experience of purchasing a Cisco AE1200 (not realizing the AE1000 is not available anymore !!!), and of course it doesn't work on M20D... I spent 20 Euros for nothing... It should not be like that.

Now I have toreturn it to where I bought it, and try to find the right adapter... Stupid.

Alain

• Upvote 1

I haven't yet tried this (in fact we haven't bought the wireless gear yet) but the FAQ does list only a couple compatible USB wifi widgets:

Q: Which USB WiFi products are compatible with the StageScape M20d? 

A: The EnGenius EUB-9801, Samsung WIS12ABGNX (WIS9ABGN and a WIS10ABGN are NOT compatible), and Linksys AE1000 (AE1200 and AE2500 will NOT work)are compatible with the StageScape M20D. 

Curiously the Line6 documentation I just downloaded specifically states the Samsung WIS10ABGN is on the supported list. Is the Line6 documentation wrong?

Thanks, Greg

I have been battling to get a wifi connection which I finally advanced a little  by buying the apple adaptor (2 others, not apple, did not work even though specified mac compatible), but the 1st generation airport express is not recognised, does 4th generation airport extreme work with ipad ios7 ? Getting extremely frustrated and breakingmy bank account at the same time

Hi, the mixer, is searching for a network, the airport is recognised by the ipad, however the light onthe airport is flashing is yellow, I don't know if it's supposed to be green, the ipadhas a message saying there is nointernet connection, thanks for your help

What is not recognizing the airport express? The M20D?

Hi, the mixer keeps searching for a network, the airport is recognised by the ipad but states no internet connection, and the light on the airport keeps flashing yellow, I don't know whether that's normal but I'm guessing it isn't.

Yes there is some info on this forum. If you do a reset on the router, the use your ipad to set it up. Don't plug it into any other source to start. Just use the airport setup app (should be on your ipad) and on,y go in to change the network name if you want, and the security. Again, only if you want but you should if you are using it in public. The , you can plug it into your M20D using an ethernet to USB adapter. Go to the settings on the M20D and the network settings. You should connect. The airport express works right out of the box, but you will want to pick your own network name and security. The only reason I suggest a master reset on the router, is to be sure there are no altered settings.

Hopefully that all works. I will give a step by step if you still can't connect. I believe all versions of the airport express are recognized, but can't confirm. Mine was new last year, so likely a version 3 or 4 but will check.

I have been battling to get a wifi connection which I finally advanced a little  by buying the apple adaptor (2 others, not apple, did not work even though specified mac compatible), but the 1st generation airport express is not recognised, does 4th generation airport extreme work with ipad ios7 ? 

Correct ... unfortunately for your wallet ... but the mixer expects to see a specific chipset in the adapter (same as in the wi-fi dongle).

Line 6 supports only the Apple adapter at this time.  

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Just to add to this thread. I can confirm that the Belkin USB 2.0 to Ethernet adapter works great on the M20d mixer. Model F4U047. Connected to my router and had no issue seeing the mixer on my iPad.

When you say "my router"  do I understand right, you mean not airport express but another "normal" router? I tried he Belkin with a german "Fritzbox"  but it won't connect to M20d. Is there something in the konfiguration of the router that is nessecary for this function? I will use it only to get the iPad connected to M20d.

• 7 months later...

Hi, we are selling M20D in our store and we found our self in situation when people like this mixer but instead buy other one cause of wifi dongle (not found in any store).

Did you know that there's no place to buy new dongle compatible with M20D? Tell me if I'm wrong.

This is huge disadvantage for M20d.. Please let us know a solution how to connect M20d with iPad with up-to-day wifi dongles? 

• 2 years later...