Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Changing Presets After Looping? Still Records Whatever I Play?

C5foru

I saw a post on this but never saw the answer.

I can go into loop mode, record a loop, disengage the looper and pick a preset, but it still records my new riff  over the yop of the riff i played when I had the looper engaged?

All I want to do is Record a Bass Riff and let it cycle over and over

Then switch to a preset guitar solo patch and play over the Bass riff without the pre recorded Bass riff changing to the tone of my guitar solo patch?

Does this make sense?

Thanks for any help.

Chris

i think that you are simply switching tones before you hit the stop button on the looper...

perhaps you are hitting the overdub button instead to close the loop? (if you are starting and "stopping" with the same footswitch then you are...)

you start with FSA, and end with FSB, then change tones...

if you start FSA and close the loop FSA.... it's still recording when you change patches.

Thank you to both of you guys,  Uber Guru you were correct that is exactly what I was doing, I did it the way you said, start FSA and Stopped FSB then disengaged the looper and picked my Solo patch and it works great. Thanks

So If I use the tuner it will erase my last recorded loop? ..... Thats nice to know.

All I'm doing is, my Brother is a Drummer so I can now record a Bass loop via my guitar patch (sound like a Bass) :) then he can lock into that and we can Jam

Thanks Guys

• 1 month later...

Hey I have the same problem but it doesn't work for me what TheRealZap says.

I press the REC/OVERDUB button which is plased on FSA. Once I'm done with my sound I press PLAY/STOP which is FSB. It than starst repeating the sound I've just recorded. When I close the loop to change to another sound it still changes my entire loop to that sound.
Could you explain to me more clear what to do exactly here?

Thnx in advance.

this is not the same issue.... your issue is you have pre selected in the looper when you need post selected.

Hey I have the same problem but it doesn't work for me what TheRealZap says.

I press the REC/OVERDUB button which is plased on FSA. Once I'm done with my sound I press PLAY/STOP which is FSB. It than starst repeating the sound I've just recorded. When I close the loop to change to another sound it still changes my entire loop to that sound.
Could you explain to me more clear what to do exactly here?

Thnx in advance.