Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500 Edit Is Shutting Me Down

Wound3rd

I run my HD500 through my Dell desktop computer along with HD500 Edit. I use it mainly to rehearse for my church worship team. In doing so I often use You Tube videos as tutorials to save time in learning parts. My computer has begun bluescreening or just shutting down any time I run videos and sometimes even iTunes will shut it down but otherwise it seems fine. It's not new, maybe 2009 or 2010 model, Windows 7. I've run all kinds of diagnostices, reloaded drivers, etc. It will have to go to the shop I guess.

Recently though, I bought a brand new notebook, HP running Windows 8. After maybe getting through 3 songs it will also shut down even though no videos are running. Last time it said Windows could not restart and I needed to do a System Restore. It seems to have plenty of capacity and it is not loaded down with documents or song files, it's basically something to take along on trips, not a main computer. My question is this – is HD500 Edit too much for a computer like this to handle?It's designed to work with computers, yet it shuts down every time I use it. Is there anything I can adjust on either the Edit or the computer? It's just hard to believe that I can't do that which Edit is designed to do with a brand new computer. Even on the desktop, lately iTunes has an annoying habit of pausing numerous times while playing along, but it only does this if Edit is running. I suppose I could run my iPod into the HD500 but I much prefer doing my editing on the computer where I can easily see everything without stooping over to do it on the floor. Any suggestions or similar experiences out there?

I've found that the Line6 drivers are really strange. My laptop blue screens repeatedly from HD Edit. My desktop doesn't have a problem. I've read that others have the same issue. Not really much you can do to fix it as far as I'm aware. :\

For what it's worth:  I have an HP laptop with Win8 (HP Envy dv6 or something like that) that had absolutely no problems running HD500 Edit or recording using the HD500 as an ASIO device.  Then my wife claimed that laptop and I switched to using a Dell desktop, again with Win8, and it would blue screen fairly regularly (it got to where I would intentionally stop recording part way through a song and plan on punching in, because it kept crashing).  I noticed that a new set of Line6 drivers had come out since I installed them so I updated and the problem went away.  (Prior to those, I also had a Toshiba from 2009 that had no particular problems running HD500 Edit.)

I would first check and see if there's a newer set of drivers (or if not, maybe just reinstall the current ones).  I'm not sure what to check after that.  I know that I usually disable my wireless adapter when I'm recording anyway, so you might see if there are any other devices that you can easily disable and see if maybe something is causing conflicts with the Line6 driver.

Thanks for the replies. It's strange but I tried to update the drivers today and suddenly Line 6 Monkey is telling me it can't communicate with the Line 6 Server on the desktop while the laptop has updated just fine. Never have had this problem before but I see other people here on the forum have and there's never an explanation as to why. Just as strange, I have been using Chrome so I thought what the heck, I'll run video in Firefox. I've been playing a You Tube playlist for hours now and no shutdowns, no bluescreens. Also tried the trick of disabling one processor through Affinity in the Task Manager. Don't know if that is helping or not but it's working right now. Oh well, fix one thing and something else goes wrong. 

I had the same problem in Monkey for a while on my desktop as well (the second machine I had set it up on), although it was when updating Workbench HD for my JTV instead of HD500 Edit.  It went away after I ran Line6 License Manager on the desktop...but I had also done several other things, so I don't know if License Manager was the trick, or if it was just a coincidence.

• 2 months later...

I may not be on the right topic but maybe someone can guide me? I ran my laptop through the hd500 and then to my amp. My problem is this , when i play a song through Widows Media Player to the HD500 the sound /songs seem to stutter . Any ideas why this is happening?