Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd Pro -ada Mp-1 Midi Channel Change Possible?

NinoScholz

I have a POD HD Pro and recently acquired an ADA MP-1 preamp,. I have the MP1 in the FX loop of the Pod, and it's working quite well. I just ordered a midi cable. The ADA is a Midi preamp.

Is it possible to set up MIDI to change the ADA preset based on my pod patches? So pod patch 1A the ADA is on preset 1, Pod patch 1b the ADa is on preset 2, etc?

Would love some tips on how to do this if possible, but i'll also take "it's possible, read the manual" if anyone knows it can be done - thanks!

Hmm according to the manual the pod automatically sends the program change via midi when you select a preset A,B,C,or D. So Bank 1a will send program change 0, Band 1b will send program change 1, 1C=2,1D=3,2A=4,2B=5 etc...

Sounds like i just need hook up the midi cable, and arrange my patches on the ADA to correspond with pod patches program send (which is hard coded based on bank/patch) and the switching will happen. Is this correct?

AHA!! and i can change the midi program number on each ADA preset. By George i think i'm getting it. Can't try any of this until the cable comes in the mail

What would be more convenient is if i could change the program number sent from each Pod Patch. I'm only looking to use maybe 3 to 4 presets on the ADA, so i don't want top have to duplicate the ADA patches up to patch 127 or whatever to match all my pod presets. Maybe i can assign multiple programs numbers to each ADA preset?

i use pod patches 1a through 16d, many of which are duplicates. A,B, and C patches are always the same 3 tones - I use D for special tones per song in the setlist. and switch banks before each song

• 1 month later...

i havent used an mp1 in a while but you can tell it go to program # on ada and that will be program ? on pod.  the advantage is mp1 program is that 1 does not have to equal 1.  You can tell it to send message 1 and that can be 128 on ada but still 1a on pod.