Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects - Path B (SOLVED)

codamedia

Is it possible to create Path B without dedicating an effect block to the path? I'd like to have have two separate paths for the L/R inputs, then combine them at the output so I can use one cable to head back to my amp.

I have no problem doing this by moving any effect block down to Path B and adjusting the "Y Input" accordingly... but I don't need any effects in that path. My pedal steel (Path B) already has the effects it needs so I would prefer to keep all 9 blocks available to my electric in Path A. 

Thanks to both of you for confirming... it's not a big deal, I was just checking to see if there was a trick I wasn't aware of.

I can certainly find something I can use with the pedal steel for one block... surely I can make do with 8 effects in path A - LOL!  

• 1 month later...

Hi.

I have a similar topic with 4 cable method. Is it possible to create two separate paths A and B, so that A starts from the input and ends in the output + B starts from Return 1 and ends with Send 1. At least this is doable in Helix LT.

This is possible to do, there's a trick to it. Unfortunately my HX Effects pedal is at my studio, so I'm just going by a picture of my current pedalboard setup.  IIRC, what I did was plug my main instrument into input 1, the secondary instrument in input 2, used the A/B splitter first in the effect chain and panned both hard left and hard right.

One they finally release HX Edit with HX Effects support, and I can screenshot what I did. And for the record, I'm not plugging 2 instruments in; I play two multiple output instruments (a Chapman Stick and a modified Squire VI) and specifically bought the pedal to handle what you're asking for.

Attaching a picture of my pedalboard setup: you'll see I'm using a insert cable for input, the blue end is path A, and the red end (direct to the back of the HX Effects) is path B.

Cheers!

IMG_1402.jpg

Edited by ttrenka
Added a photo of my current pedalboard setup.

• 4 weeks later...

Now that I have owned the unit a few months I've learned that what I was trying to accomplish in my opening post is possible.... when you approach it differently. 

You cannot create path B with nothing in it, but you can create path B with everything in it, and retain an empty path A :)

Using the Y splitter at the beginning I can hard pan the inputs as required per patch. 

On 6/17/2018 at 12:36 PM, ttrenka said:

This is possible to do, there's a trick to it. Unfortunately my HX Effects pedal is at my studio, so I'm just going by a picture of my current pedalboard setup.  IIRC, what I did was plug my main instrument into input 1, the secondary instrument in input 2, used the A/B splitter first in the effect chain and panned both hard left and hard right.

Was one of your paths empty? I could easily do this by having something in each path but as soon as I emptied path B the Y went away. I didn't even think (until today) to just leave path A empty. 

My unit is at my studio right now and I don't know when I'm getting over there again yet...but with the release of HX Edit over the weekend, I plan on playing pretty hard with it and can probably take screenshots to show you how I did it.