Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can't hear audio from computer (YouTube, etc) via Helix output

Lawrence23

I have followed the directions in the Helix manual as well as searched the forum and googled, but I cannot get music playing via YouTube or other player on my computer to play through the Helix. The manual says I can play along with YouTube or other player, but I cannot get it to work. I have USB hooked up and can see that there is audio playing via the Helix speaker in Windows (10) audio control panel, but I cannot hear it through my speakers that are connected via XLR output from the Helix. Both the input and output of the Helix are set to Multi, per instructions.

Anyone know of a solution?

When you look at the audio panel what is the device the music is playing on?  The easiest way to check is to right click on the speaker icon at the bottom of the screen and select Playback Device and see if it says it's using the Helix or some other sound device.  If it's some other sound device just specify the Helix as the default device.  If Helix isn't showing as a sound device then you likely don't have the Helix device driver loaded on your PC.

Thanks for your reply. Here is a screen shot showing a YouTube video playing. Also you can see my Sound Playback Device "Line 6 Helix Default Device selected as Default, as well as an audio signal playing through it.

Audio setup for USB 1/2 from computer to Helix. 

I'm running 2.54 on my Helix floor model. My PC is running latest Windows 10. The preset that I am running on the Helix has Multi selected for both Input and Outbut and only uses one Route. I've tried several presets and get the same results - no audio from my computer playing through my speakers which are connected to the XLR out on the Helix. And yes, the speakers play my guitar sound just fine, but does not mix in the audio from my computer, which is what the manual says should happen. According to the manual, USB 1/2 is used for input and Output for the audio signal coming from YouTube, Spotify or any other audio source that I might want to jam with.

I hope this additional detail helps to further troubleshoot this issue. Thanks for your suggestions.