Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Reverbs

jschlube

I'm looking for some good reverbs that give me a nice slap spacey sound. Every reverb i try just drowns out any definition and i can't get a handle on a good simple room reverb.

Thinking early reflections cranked could replicate that?

Split your Signal Path so the Delay Block and Reverb Block are Parallel. Adjust the Mix Parameter of each of the two Blocks to taste for how much unaffected signal passes through each Block. You can also adjust the Blend where the Parallel Path come together in the Merge Block

There are a couple of "spring" reverbs under legacy... they should be the easiest to get setup. 

As stated already, set the pre-delay higher for more note definition. I find the 35ms is usually enough... but you may want more. Setting it in a parallel path helps, and adjusting the lo & hi cut can also help to keep it out of the way of the guitar. 

On 4/17/2018 at 12:19 AM, MusicLaw said:

Split your Signal Path so the Delay Block and Reverb Block are Parallel. Adjust the Mix Parameter of each of the two Blocks to taste for how much unaffected signal passes through each Block. You can also adjust the Blend where the Parallel Path come together in the Merge Block

MusicLaw is 100% correct.  If you set up all of your patches this way you can have any kind of reverb sound you're trying to obtain.  You can get extremely wet sounds with great note clarity setting up your patches this way.  The definition you are looking for will be there.

Slightly off topic, but a while ago watched a video of someone comparing the reverb against strymon pedal. He pulled out the artificial sound they kinda get by pulling the lpf/high cut to around 1k and then extended the decay to match the strymon as well. 

Personal setup atm for very basic reverb: hall reverb, mix 26%, decay 7.7, pre-delay 50ish, highcut 900ish.

Cutting the highs really helped get rid of that plastic sound the helix reverb is kinda prone to.

There's another video up that's great as well. He runs a dry path and a wet path. The wet path is: reverb 100% > delay > modulation to give the reverb some movement > another reverb to sum it back up. Then, like posted above, use the split block as your reverb mix.