Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd Pro- Live Use Question

chamelious

I'm pretty much decided on one of these, but i think i just read that i can't have the cab simulation ON for the XLR main outs (to the FOH) and the unbalanced outs cab sim OFF (to my cab on stage). Is this correct? If so, the units worthless to me :)

Thanks

Yeah, that's true. You can only use one output mode at a time. You could try setting up a dual tone where the amp model in the one tone has the cab turned off while the other one uses the full amp model. That is a bit more complicated, though. And depending on the amp models and effects you're using, you may run into the DSP limit too quickly for it to be useful for you.

lots of people are, they are using workarounds to achieve what you're doing, though. Behringer makes some cab-emulating DI boxes with good reviews, you could go the dual-tone route, or you could buy two HD Pros and use for direct and one for the amp and still spend less than either of your other options. ...lollipop you could almost get three for the same price.

and by the piles if you're looking at the AFX/KPA as competitors for the HD series.

I don't really mind if I'm buying into a professional product that does what i want it to. I'm not about to spend a load of money on a Line 6 product then put it through a behringer cab simulator, or worse have to cart 2 of them around. 

yeah it can be done (i've dont it, using dual amps) but there is no universal setting, has to be done in the patch itself.

Frankly, i've found it easiest and best sounding to just mic my cab. That way i know exactly what my tone will sound like at the source at least, rather than going direct, hearing it through the sound guy's PA, and thinking "that sounds nothing like what i dialed in earlier"

yeah it can be done (i've dont it, using dual amps) but there is no universal setting, has to be done in the patch itself.

Frankly, i've found it easiest and best sounding to just mic my cab. That way i know exactly what my tone will sound like at the source at least, rather than going direct, hearing it through the sound guy's PA, and thinking "that sounds nothing like what i dialed in earlier"

I tend to agree...its pretty hard (at least with the HD) to get a direct sound that is awesome with cab sims, that still sound awesome through an amp/cab with the sims off. I go for mic'ing my cab, but those little Behringer DI boxes get closer to my cab than the cabs in the HD500 when it comes to a live amp tone.