Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Strange audio problem with UX2 and Windows 10

THX for responding, guys.

7 hours ago, Gaz_Ham said:

I can only suggest uninstalling all of your line6 intallation and re install with an older driver, available to download from the downloads section of line6.com. Downloading everything manually from there, not using monkey.

Have you removed your old pc and added your new one to your account at line6.com?

There seemed to be troubles with Windows 10 a few updates ago, but not much on the forums until recently, may be the latest driver or Windows update haven't helped.

If you still have issues with podfarm, you could try running it in compatibility mode, a quick google search will show you how.

I may be wrong but the way I see it "reinstalling" means using my old software - which has a driver. So I don't get how I could use another driver except for changing it afterwards (after the installation)? And this is what I have done if I'm not mistaken.
I don't think I changed the pc in my account. Don't know where either.

16 hours ago, TheFoff said:

THX for responding, guys.

I may be wrong but the way I see it "reinstalling" means using my old software - which has a driver. So I don't get how I could use another driver except for changing it afterwards (after the installation)? And this is what I have done if I'm not mistaken.
I don't think I changed the pc in my account. Don't know where either.

You can download everthing you need from line6.com software section and choose an older or newer driver as you please. It might not work, but worth a go. You will need to log into your account at line6.com and add your new computer to your account, it most likely won't allow you to use it properly.

• 2 months later...

Line 6 is the most garbage audio interface out there, this happens to me all the time and only thing that helps is to restart my pc. Opening the ticket with them is lollipoping pointless since all they can say is "restart the device" or "reinstall the drivers"...lollipop off.. There is literally no support, drivers are old as lollipop and it seems like they are barely compatible with windows 10, if i run voicemod with ux2 i get f  cking bluescreen, if my i unplug device from my computer, 8 out of 10  times it gives me bluescreen...lollipop off line 6 with your bulllollipop.

• 2 months later...

Hi

I've found this topic while searching for the same issue.

While reading I remembered a post I've wrote years ago about this one.

Hope my solution will help someone reading this topic.

In settings of the speaker (Line 6 UX2 in my case), you will find, in advanced tab, a setting to set the quality (xx Bit, xxxxx Hz) ("Test" Button behind that setting.)

It does not work on high setting (24 Bit, 48000 Hz), instead use 16 Bit, 48000 Hz.

That's it for me - second time.

Greets

Settings.png

• 4 months later...

I have a different kind of problem. If I start Pod Farm 2.59 I lost sound. Everything works fine before that. Every 1/50 try I get it to work like as it should.

I have set Sound format to 16 bit, 48000Hz and Exclusive Mode unchecked. 

I have Windows 10 version 2004.

Edit: This worked for me. I need to have sound playing background when I was opening the Pod Farm.

On 8/18/2020 at 12:36 AM, sektor7g said:

Well, it saddens me greatly to update this thread with such heartbreaking news. I had to make the bittersweet decision to uninstall all line 6 software and drivers from my system for the sake of sanity. My quick fix of deleting the drivers and re-booting last Friday briefly worked, but after a few Windows 10 typical boot processes, my system went back to reinstalling the Line 6 drivers and again causing major delays in the boot process of windows 10. Now that I have no Line 6 software or drivers on my computer,  a responsive/normal boot behavior for Windows 10 has been re-instated.  I might still keep my UX2 for use on my laptop for seldom use,  but I am not completely sold on the idea yet. I will set notifications for any responses to this thread, by anyone listening at Line 6 with the hopes that an update hopefully one day gets released one day, or until Line 6 decides to stop supporting this product all together. 

Well, you may have figured it out by finally deleting all the Line 6 files, not just uninstalling the drivers (which leaves the files on your computer).  Now you should try downloading the latest drivers and installing them.  It may just been a glitch in the files.   This was a frequent issue back in the WIn 7 days, and deleting the files and starting again was the solution that seemed to work most often.

On 8/20/2020 at 2:09 PM, fflbrgst said:

Well, you may have figured it out by finally deleting all the Line 6 files, not just uninstalling the drivers (which leaves the files on your computer).  Now you should try downloading the latest drivers and installing them.  It may just been a glitch in the files.   This was a frequent issue back in the WIn 7 days, and deleting the files and starting again was the solution that seemed to work most often.

Thanks for your response. I had also uninstall the drivers and went as far as removing any registries associated with Line6 as well. After further investigations, I isolated the problem to the USB hub on my monitor. For some reason it kept hanging up all of USB ports (Including the UX2). I am very happy to report that my boot issues have been resolved, and I regret jumping the gun and blaming the UX2 box.

• 2 months later...

I have the answer to this issue after years of seeing the issue come and go from my setup.

After months of having my sound randomly muted when in the middle of watching Youtube videos, playing computer games, and talking to people on Discord while doing a mix of all of these things and more at the same time I have finally found a solution. Make sure to disable all settings included under the "Exclusive Mode" for the properties of your output device when your output device is set to the Line 6 UX2. Once I unchecked both of the options under "Exclusive Mode" the issue with my output sound randomly becoming muted when using the Line 6 UX2 as my output device magically disappeared. Hopefully this quick fix helps someone else out because I have been dealing with this issue FOREVER NOW.

PQjf7UH.png

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello Guys, I solved my problem disabling all the other audio cards (the one on my PC Tower, Including the audio card on the Monitor and the one on my oculus quest 2). I thought it was a problem with google chrome that didn't seem to be the problem since I tried every single browser. I haven't had any issues with the podcast studio ux2 ever since I disabled all other audio cards.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...