Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Tyleroch

Hello everyone. So I went to update my Firehawk 1500 and it crashed during a bluetooth update. Now I am getting ERR UNKNOWN coming up. I then went to reset it to factory resettings (holding volume and tap when powering up) and it just says updating. It has been updating for several hours. I then decided to download the driver onto my Windows (10) and do the update from there. It starts the latest update then gives me an error. As of now my Firehawk is unusable...any tips or previous experiences with this?? Thanks everyone!!

try starting again, but this time right-clicking the installer and choose "run as administrator"  sometimes win10 errors out with no explanation, and this works.  make sure before you start update you have fully rebooted system, and you have closed all other programs down. I even go so far as to right-click items in systray and choose "exit" such as steam, dropbox etc.

Unfortunately still doesn't work. It starts to say update on the amp itself but on the computer it says

"Firmware Update Failed

An error has occurred. Please try again.

Please follow these steps when updating your Line 6 Product.

1. Turn the power switch off, then back on.

2. Ensure the USB cable is connected directly to your computer and not to a hub or peripheral such as a keyboard or mouse.

3. Click 'Continue' and attempt the update again."

Then it goes back to saying ERR UNKNOWN

about the only thing I can think of is trying a different USB cable, make sure it is fairly short (2m or under).  you could try updating BIOS on PC and re-installing/updating motherboard chipset drivers just to rule anything out PC side.

Other than that might need to contact line 6.

You may be able to take it to a decent music shop that deals with stuff like this - most guys I know around music shops love playing with gear and love a challenge.. though sometimes they arent the "techiest" bunch

• 2 months later...
On 4/18/2018 at 2:10 PM, Tyleroch said:

Unfortunately still doesn't work. It starts to say update on the amp itself but on the computer it says

"Firmware Update Failed

An error has occurred. Please try again.

Please follow these steps when updating your Line 6 Product.

1. Turn the power switch off, then back on.

2. Ensure the USB cable is connected directly to your computer and not to a hub or peripheral such as a keyboard or mouse.

3. Click 'Continue' and attempt the update again."

Then it goes back to saying ERR UNKNOWN

Hi I have had the same thing happen to my firehawk . How did you fix yours, thank you for any help you can give me.

cheers Bernard