Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M13 Update help

Kdawg

Hi all,

I bought my M13 ages ago and have never updated it, largely because I'm pretty ignorant with all-things computer.  Could anyone point me in the right direction of how I would go about doing this?  I'm really not up to date on the terms used with computer devices.  I'm assuming I need to connect my computer (mines a newer Apple) to the M13 - what device would I need to do this with and where would I purchase one?  

I recently started using the M13 again and just figured out how to properly set it up using the 4 cable method and am overjoyed at how much better it sounds through my amp when done properly.  I've read that there have been a few updates over the last ten years and that there are some significant improvements since I bought mine.  I'd be very thankful if someone out there could help me get the most out of my unit with the updates.  Many thanks in advance.  

Hi,

1. go to https://line6.com/software/index.html

2. click the drop down box to M13

3. where it says "Firmware Update Instructions:

• After you download the v2.04 Flash Memory file to your computer, please click here for step by step instructions on how to properly update your M13 to version 2.04. (instructions are the same as for v2.00)"  the click on the word "here" to download the instructions.

This link actually did not work for me, so might be a good idea to create a support ticket to get them to fix it.  nonetheless, 4 manuals, with update instructions are available at : https://line6.com/support/manuals/m13 with the instructions at the last few pages of the advanced manual

4. I would suggest reading through everything first, and going through all the documentation just to be familiar with what you are about to do.

Generally it is an easy thing : download the update file/s, connect your device, put it in update mode if you need to, start the update on the PC/mac.

have a go, 99% cases work out fine.  If you have trouble, it generally is not a huge deal, and you can come back here with specific questions/issues and get help.

so far you have done better than most in coming to the forum before you start for advice!  :-)

It looks like the update is done over MIDI, so all you need is a midi interface to your mac.

BTW the other manuals are pretty good explaing everything about your effects and using it.

good luck!