Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

seldon1

If someone could enlighten me I would truly be grateful.

1. Do the 3rd party IRs for the Powercab plus affect the sound coming out of the speaker or just the cab sim output?

2. Are the 6 speaker models considered IRs or would they be affecting the output of the speaker plus any 3rd party IR?

Thank you in advance for your replies

3rd party IR's well affect the sound output by the speaker. Assuming you would be using an IR with Powercab in flat mode, it would be the same as having the IR loaded last in your signal chain in your modeler. 

The speaker models are not IR's. The driver in Powercab physically changes and reacts differently with each speaker model. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you can use an IR loaded into Powercab and a speaker model at the same time. It is either speaker model mode, flat mode, or flat mode with an IR loaded. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ADBrown said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you can use an IR loaded into Powercab and a speaker model at the same time. It is either speaker model mode, flat mode, or flat mode with an IR loaded. 

You can if the IR is in the Helix patch (or some other modeler) , with the Powercab in flat mode, also with an IR loaded. You probably wouldn't want to, as daisy chaining 2 IR's together is redundant, and would likely sound like boiled a$$... but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't possible to set things up that way. It's just ill-advised...