Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Two Spider IV 75 amps in Stereo?

I have two Line 6 Spider IV 75 amps. I would like to use them as a pair one stage left, one stage right, both being controlled by the same floorboard. I am currently running a guitar cable rather than a wireless rig (thanks FCC). I own an FBV Sohrtboard MkII, FBV Shortboard Mk1, FBV Express MkII, and FBV ExpressMk1 so whichever one would be the better option. What would be the best way to do this?

The amps have a supply voltage for FBV boards in the connector. That would double the

voltage on the floorboard supply line and risk damage to the circuitry. Which would explain

the number of units that come across my repair bench with failed voltage regulators. 

Don't do that,... please.

There may be something commercially available, someone posted a week or two ago here,

that is supposed to deal with that. We haven't checked it out here, so anything outside of the

normal use of our product is ill advised, unsupported use and at your own risk.

Be aware that if this fails, the floor board and the FBV connection circuit on both amps could

be damaged. You aren't the first to try this, and as I mentioned earlier, I've seen the results of the

failed attempts. It would be unsupported use of the product. It was never designed for that.

Thanks for the advice. I used to use Flextone II 2-12 amps and could do this sort of thing over midi. i've also used the Flextone single 12" with the extention cabinet and the Flextone head with two cabs using 1/2 each cab one left one right. Currently as i said I have two Spider IV and was just thinking I'd try it with those.

I've actually used quite a bit of Line 6 stuff over the years

Thanks again!