Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects - Instants & Snapshots, Footswitch & Stompbox

stephentoback

I finally got my dual switching for the internal HX Looper working - using a One Control Basilisk and looping back the MIDI out to the MIDI IN of the HX using a MIDI Solutions Quadra Merge - but...

It appears that Instant Commands are stored at the preset level, not the snapshot level - is that true?

Also, it appears footswitch MIDI commands only work when you are in "stompbox" mode? - is that true?

Thanks!
Steve

14 hours ago, stephentoback said:

It appears that Instant Commands are stored at the preset level, not the snapshot level - is that true?

From the manual:

301e1aff-1328-4c03-832e-f578b7286e78.png

So, for things like PC messages, you can an Instant Command where you have a different PC for every snapshot. For CC Instant Commands, you can change the value of the CC in every snapshot, but not the CC#.

15 hours ago, stephentoback said:

Also, it appears footswitch MIDI commands only work when you are in "stompbox" mode? - is that true?

Yes, if you assign a MIDI command to a footswitch, that command only applies to that footswitch while in Stomp Mode.

1 hour ago, stephentoback said:

Thanks Phil - I really didn't understand that bit in the manual - they should include your note.:) Is there a technical reason why the CC# can't be changed or is this something I should post in the ideas forum as a feature request?

I have to believe there's no technical reason that would make it impossible to do that. I think there are a few reasons it's they it is, though. Any additional data they add to the presets will make the transition time between changing preset longer, so I know they're always thinking of that. The other thing is that the way CCs and snapshots are handled is analogous to the way parameter on the on-board effects are handled. If you think about assigning a parameter to a Snapshot Controller, that assignment applies to the whole preset. You can't select different parameters in different snapshots. You can select different values for those parameters in each snapshot, though. So, I think that's kind of the thinking. CCs are most commonly used to control specific parameters on external gear, so it's treat those external parameters the same way the internal ones are.