Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Edit for HX Effects

LittleEars

3 hours ago, LittleEars said:

When will HX Edit actually work for HX Effects?

I am pretty sure it's scheduled to be out during the 2nd quarter 2018... that means any time between March 21st and June 21st. 

Will HX Effects always be last to get updated?

The HELIX is the flagship... I suspect it will always take precedence. However, once EDIT is setup to fully communicate with the HX I think it will be much easier for them to keep all updates together. This is pure speculation on my part :) 

When will HX Edit actually work for HX Effects?

Will HX Effects always be last to get updated?

Full HX Edit support will be coming soon...

All the Helix products are sharing the same codebase, so the idea is that they will all be on the same update schedule. It is possible, I suppose, that there may still be some updates that affect only the Helix products with amp modeling and not the HX Effects in the future, but generally, the idea is that they'll all be on parallel update paths.

Progress is a welcome comfort to the impatient.  HX Effects is my first Line 6 product, and my first impression is that Line 6 is a great company.  I have high hopes for HX Edit and HX Effects working well together.  In the mean time I get to learn the menus and knobs.  I have setup my Blues Cube Artist switching without issue, and enjoy building new effects with custom amp settings.  Stereo delay is the number one reason I got the HX Effects, and today I have the time to get sucked into that music vortex.  

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2018 at 6:33 PM, phil_m said:

Full HX Edit support will be coming soon...

All the Helix products are sharing the same codebase, so the idea is that they will all be on the same update schedule. It is possible, I suppose, that there may still be some updates that affect only the Helix products with amp modeling and not the HX Effects in the future, but generally, the idea is that they'll all be on parallel update paths.

any news about this?

3 hours ago, ivanmongiardo said:

Just a question, I think it's interesting for anybody owning a HX Effects: Is the new version of  HX Edit able to open files/patches for Helix Floor, modify it and upload on the HX Effects?

Thanks

No, that functionality doesn't exist, and I doubt it ever will.

3 hours ago, ivanmongiardo said:

Just a question, I think it's interesting for anybody owning a HX Effects: Is the new version of  HX Edit able to open files/patches for Helix Floor, modify it and upload on the HX Effects?

Thanks

I know it's annoying but you could open the helix preset files using JSON viewer and then replicate the patch to the HX Effects. That's what I an doing to "translate" my Helix floorboard and Helix LT patches to HX Effects. 

14 minutes ago, l_sap120394 said:

I know it's annoying but you could open the helix preset files using JSON viewer and then replicate the patch to the HX Effects. That's what I an doing to "translate" my Helix floorboard and Helix LT patches to HX Effects. 

Yes, I know that the hlx file is JSON based. To get things easy, we could write a tool in order to show graphically what's in it, and let the user choose what to keep and what to delete. I hoped the HX Edit had this functionality onboard. What a pity!

8 hours ago, phil_m said:

No, that functionality doesn't exist, and I doubt it ever will.

With some careful editing, you might be able to clone blocks from Helix to Helix HX directly editing the JSON source files.

Ideally copy/paste block should work across the two editors.

4 hours ago, amsdenj said:

With some careful editing, you might be able to clone blocks from Helix to Helix HX directly editing the JSON source files.

Ideally copy/paste block should work across the two editors.

Well, the thing is there's only one editor - HX Edit. It's the same application for every product in the Helix platform, and there's no way to have HX Edit connected to the Helix and the HX Effects at the same time.

2 hours ago, l_sap120394 said:

Phil, good morning!
But if it was possible to save global blocks of effects, that would solve the problem, wouldn't it?

Edit: I think it would help a lot, specially  the ones who uses Helix as stomps.

Well, I can't comment on Line 6's plans, but I think there's a chance that me introduce something that allows some sort of cross-talk between the different hardware pieces on the block level. I can't really say much more than that.

• Thanks 1