Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax 500 and Workbench on Windows 10

For anyone who is unsure of whether you can use the legacy Variax guitars under Windows 10, I can confirm that you can. I went to the download section and just selected Windows 8 as the OS and downloaded Line 6 Monkey and Workbench (non HD version), ran the installers, hooked up my Variax USB Interface and Variax 500 and everything worked perfectly first time. I had no issues with Java or the installation on the drivers.

This statement is valid as of April 2018

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pn2503 said:

I just did the exact same thing and am having an issue with java runtime environment. Did you download Java version 8 after Java timed out?

I didn’t have a problem with Java at all. I remembered seeing a post about the installer under Windows 10 and just unchecked Java in the installer and let it use the version already installed on my PC. I forgot to mention that step in the original post.

8 hours ago, thecameralens said:

... just unchecked Java in the installer and let it use the version already installed on my PC

Just a word of note... this may not work for everyone.

Java isn't usually installed on a machine by default... it likely came with a different software installation along the way. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 9/2/2018 at 10:58 AM, insulan said:

I can not find any Workbench other than the HD, that is a problem... Not under legacy product either

If you are looking for the older version of Workbench on the Line 6 site it won't show up if you limit the OS to Windows 10 in the search. Change the OS to Windows 7 and it will show up... even though it works fine in Windows 10.

• Upvote 1