Jump to content

Recommended Posts

For anyone who is unsure of whether you can use the legacy Variax guitars under Windows 10, I can confirm that you can. I went to the download section and just selected Windows 8 as the OS and downloaded Line 6 Monkey and Workbench (non HD version), ran the installers, hooked up my Variax USB Interface and Variax 500 and everything worked perfectly first time. I had no issues with Java or the installation on the drivers.

 

This statement is valid as of April 2018

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just did the exact same thing and am having an issue with java runtime environment. Did you download Java version 8 after Java timed out?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you get a JAVA error... just go to java.com and install the latest version. If JAVA complains that it isn't compatible with your browser just ignore it - that won't matter. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, pn2503 said:

I just did the exact same thing and am having an issue with java runtime environment. Did you download Java version 8 after Java timed out?

 

I didn’t have a problem with Java at all. I remembered seeing a post about the installer under Windows 10 and just unchecked Java in the installer and let it use the version already installed on my PC. I forgot to mention that step in the original post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, thecameralens said:

... just unchecked Java in the installer and let it use the version already installed on my PC

 

Just a word of note... this may not work for everyone.

Java isn't usually installed on a machine by default... it likely came with a different software installation along the way. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, codamedia said:

 

Just a word of note... this may not work for everyone.

Java isn't usually installed on a machine by default... it likely came with a different software installation along the way. 

That is a good point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good information for now and the future. Would like to see this made a 'Sticky'....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can not find any Workbench other than the HD, that is a problem... Not under legacy product either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2018 at 10:58 AM, insulan said:

I can not find any Workbench other than the HD, that is a problem... Not under legacy product either

 

If you are looking for the older version of Workbench on the Line 6 site it won't show up if you limit the OS to Windows 10 in the search. Change the OS to Windows 7 and it will show up... even though it works fine in Windows 10.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...