Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Whats going on with G70/G75 in Europe?

AlexiDime

I ordered 4 Units from Andertons and I'm already waiting for over 2 Months because they ran out of stock really fast because the had a sale and now I got this in my email inbox.
What is going on there?

First there's too less supply and then those news? Some people are already saying that they did the sell on purpose because the knew about this new regulations and now the want to let the customer hang until the finally cancel  their order because there's no given information on the wait time for the devices.
I bought the G70 because I need it for for a touring band. I REALLY need information when they are available again otherwise I have to cancel and go with Shure or some other brand instead because the band is going on tour in 2 months from now. the rehearsals start in one month so I have to prepare their rigs so they can get used to them. I really don't want to take some other brands stuff because all wireless mics are from line6 and the use 3 Helix for 2Guitars and 1 Bass beside the line6 FRFR speakers for monitoring. so the whole band is line 6 equipped and they are really happy so far except the situation with the G70.
Can someone from line6 give me any information about the availability status in europe?

Dear Mr  ________

Thank you for your order with Andertons Music Company.

We have been chasing our suppliers with regards to the ETA of the Line 6 Relay G75 Guitar Wireless System with table top style receiver and we have been provided the following information.

In January 2018 the Line6 Relay G70/75 underwent Market Surveillance Authority testing by The German Federal Network Agency for electricity, gas, telecommunications, post and railways. The unit was found to be non-compliant to EN 301 489-17 regarding Broadband Data Transmission Systems. As such our supplier has stopped all shipments of this products to its distributors and retailers. Line6 are working to fix this issue and an engineering solution is expected within the next three weeks. This solution will then need implementing across all stock in Europe. We will then be informed of an expected ship date.

Apologies for this delay and any inconvenience caused. If you have any further questions, or with to cancel your order, please contact our Sales team via mailorder@andertons.co.uk quoting order number _________.

Kindest regards,

Hi, Alexi. I'm sorry you are caught up in this issue with G70/G75. Although we are actively working on resolving this issue as quickly as we can, we cannot guarantee that you will have the units within four weeks. We ask that you please consider the Relay G50 as a replacement digital wireless system. It has shown to be as roadworthy and perform as reliably as the G70/G75.

• 1 month later...

Hi there!

I bought two G75 units from Andertons on february 2018. Can I still use them? Is there any safety issue?

Also, I have an older G70 unit. Is it safe to use it?

What is Line 6 going to do with all units sold before the issue with The German Federal Network Agency for electricity, gas, telecommunications, post and railways?.

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So no word from Line 6 since April, when the post on here says "we are actively working on resolving this issue as quickly as we can, we cannot guarantee that you will have the units within four weeks". Well it's been 25 weeks now, and I can't find a dealer who has a clue if or when they are getting stock. Is it a case of this unit has been discontinued but nobody wants to say? My G10 is garbage, keeps locking on to the drummers IEMs. Yes I've re-synced 'til I'm blue in the face. Is the G70 coming back or do I need to look to another manufacturer?

Well as an update I think I have my answer as I finally found a company showing 2 pieces on order, with the addendum to mail for delivery date. The reply I got back was......

"We would like to thank you for visiting and contacting *******! Unfortunately, we are not able to further specify the when this item will be on stock, because our supplier informed us it can till 2020".

Now I'm guessing their supplier is Line 6, so I think that says where the "fix" for the G70 is at!!

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/24/2018 at 1:00 AM, Line6Tony said:

Although we are actively working on resolving this issue as quickly as we can, we cannot guarantee that you will have the units within four weeks.

Is it a hardware problem? If so, I guess line 6 can make that announcement now. The sales won't be effected, since there are no g70's left to be purchased anywhere...

It's just my assumption that it is a hardware problem, since it's been months and no solution has been heard from line 6. Otherwise it would have been fixed by a firmware by now.

Should existing users be worried about any issues?

• 9 months later...

Could Line 6 give us some news / info concerning this topic? I reckon we're entitled to know as we’ve invested in this product. No firmware update in years, and my unit is far from giving me the 70meter promised. It disconnects if I go more than 6 meters away... maybe due to this issue??? Please advise. 

725/5000

Hi,
more than a year and a half ago, we have not heard about this product, the 4 weeks they said in April 2018 have become 1.5 years.

The product has been recalled, it cannot be purchased at any European store (no stock).
but you don't give news about the status of the update;

-removes?
-it changes?
- is it designed again?
- Will frequencies be adjusted?
-will emission powers be adjusted?

We have no news about the status of this update (if an update occurs) nor do we have news about the status of this equipment.

what do we do? Do we buy from the competition?

I would like to know if I should wait or if the problem with G70 relay will NEVER be solved.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, keggers said:

I just got a g70 receiver cheap....I can see why now, wish I hadn't bothered

It’s still a great system though. I never had a problem with it, using it on the road for 5 years now. I just know that I can’t walk away more than 6 meters from the receiver... that’s the only issue... 

id like to know what the problem is with it... 

• 3 months later...
On 4/24/2018 at 12:00 AM, Line6Tony said:

Hi, Alexi. I'm sorry you are caught up in this issue with G70/G75. Although we are actively working on resolving this issue as quickly as we can, we cannot guarantee that you will have the units within four weeks. We ask that you please consider the Relay G50 as a replacement digital wireless system. It has shown to be as roadworthy and perform as reliably as the G70/G75.

Now, as the NAMM Show is running I would ask if there are any news concerning the Relay G70 situation in Europe ? 

Edited by Laenglich
spelling mistake

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

It's mid 2021, now.

Where's the system, Line 6?

This is not professional.

You could at least answer us.

This silence is rude, and if you are not reading those messages at all, it is still unprofessional.

• 2 months later...

I ran in to this problem, when I joined a g70 equipped band late 2018. For convinience sake I wanted to purchase one myself.

Being unfindable and line6 giving absolutely no heads up, or any communication about this issue, I started searching and found a knockoff built by The t.bone, found at the thomann shop.

It's the same design, with the same features. Beltpacks as well as plugin transmitters can be added and, contrary to the g70 users in the band, I had 0 issues whatsoever in the last 3 years. Only thing missing is the tuner function, but a tu3 fixes that.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/19/2021 at 1:43 PM, RichardSMF said:

Has the G70/75 been dropped? What is the issue?

I have just been trying to track down a third transmitter for my set up. It 's the TB516G. No stock anywhere as far as I can see so I contacted Line 6 support to ask if other transmitters are compatible. The answer I got back was the G70/75 system hasn't been sold for three years and no, other Line 6 transmitters aren't compatible.

The discontinued I can live with but to not have a replacement or something else compatible is a major pain. I'll be thinking twice before investing in any more Line 6 products based on this experience. Shame as the system itself works great for me. All I need is another transmitter.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was on Sweetwater's site and they don't have the G70/75. I then went on Line 6's site and it is not listed. Is there a safety issue? Like others, I am kind of pissed at Line 6. I have had my G75 for a couple of years and b/c of covid have not used it much. So I can't get a transmitter now? What a waste of money!

Line 6, what is going on?

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 11:20 AM, rwinking said:

I was on Sweetwater's site and they don't have the G70/75. I then went on Line 6's site and it is not listed. Is there a safety issue? Like others, I am kind of pissed at Line 6. I have had my G75 for a couple of years and b/c of covid have not used it much. So I can't get a transmitter now? What a waste of money!

Line 6, what is going on?

As far as I know the G70/G75 series were dinged with some sort of wireless transmission violation by the EU’s version of the FCC. At one point they had talked about redesigning them, but perhaps they just decided to scrap the project because of projected sales not making the numbers work or something. I’ve not seen any official announcement about them.

So there’s no safety issue or anything like that.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I just posted on a different thread about how they won't even attempt to fix my G70 that mysteriously developed dropouts and now won't connect at all.  After reading the above posts, I see that L6 must be completely turning their back on the G70/75.  When I tried to contact people with L6 other than through my support ticket on Facebook, email, etc., I got absolutely no response.  It's as if they are pretending the G70 never existed?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/28/2022 at 10:15 PM, rsto10 said:

I just posted on a different thread about how they won't even attempt to fix my G70 that mysteriously developed dropouts and now won't connect at all.  After reading the above posts, I see that L6 must be completely turning their back on the G70/75.  When I tried to contact people with L6 other than through my support ticket on Facebook, email, etc., I got absolutely no response.  It's as if they are pretending the G70 never existed?

That's simply ridiculous