Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi 30 Gig Bag

BuleriaChk

I recently purchased an Amplifi 30, and am quite surprised at the quality of sound; it sounds very good indeed.  However, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to carry it (unless I'm missing something.)  What do you guys use for handles or a gig bag?

I use an Arctic Zone cooler that I got from Wal*mart as a gig bag/carrying case. I put the power supply and my Relay G10 in the bottom, then invert the 30 and put it with the control panel facing down. There's a bit of a taper on the sides of the cooler, so the 30 fits snugly and doesn't go down far enough to touch the stuff stored below. And there's an upper tray that I invert, which keeps the 30 firmly centered. It's not a 'perfect' fit, but I'm very happy with how it works out. There's also a front pocket that can accommodate a guitar cable or tuner, if you need a little more space.

For a carrying handle, I happened to have one from a Micro Spider. I attached 2" heavy duty Velcro pads to the sides of the amp and the strap. Works great!

Maybe I'll attach a pic or two, if anyone's interested.

• Upvote 1

Here are some quick pictures. The names are pretty much self-explanatory, but if you have any questions, fire away. I wasn't able to locate the carrying strap I made from the Micro Spider handle, but one of the pictures shows the hook & loop connection on the side of the Amplifi 30. If I find the strap, I'll show what it looks like attached to the amp.

Edit: I see that the filenames don't show up. So here's a brief description.

Picture 1 -- Amplifi 30 inverted and snugly fitting in the case, with power supply and cables at the bottom of the cooler. If you're not comfortable with the snug fit, the blue hard plastic liner comes out, which will make for a looser fit, but also result in less protection from impacts. The liner is slightly tapered, so the amp will not go all the way to the bottom, which leaves some storage space for accessories below.

Amp Inverted in Case.jpg

Exterior view, showing Velcro closure strap and external pocked, good for cables, capo, etc.

External view.jpg

Bottom storage area.

Inside Bottom Storage.jpg

This tray is designed to fit at the top, to separate what you put up there from the contents on the bottom. (Nominally, beer or soda cans...) I've inverted it so that it fits nicely around the amp's perimeter and keeps it centered in the blue plastic shell.

Tray for Securing Position.jpg

The 2" heavy duty hook & loop connection for securing the carrying strap/handle. (not shown)

Hook & Loop for Carrying Strap.jpg

Edited by cbrillow
Added detail about depth to description
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, saks said:

very cool! just to verify it's the 30 can zipperless cooler here?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arctic-Zone-30-Can-Zipperless-Cooler/35733211

I have the 16-can version, which measures  12.25" x 7.375" x 11.25" (31.12cm x 18.73cm x 28.58cm) 

Edited by cbrillow
Deleted a reference to the 9-can version, which is what I incorrectly thought I had.

8 hours ago, BuleriaChk said:

I'm thinking I just may use a plastic trash bag... :)

Sometimes --  like after a failed Amplifi firmware update, which is far from a rare occurrence, as documented on this forum -- a trash bag would seem to be an appropriate choice...

14 hours ago, BuleriaChk said:

I found this on Amazon, and am thinking about it.  It looks like it might fit...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001KVEURC/?coliid=I38EG6DVOZ8A63&colid=2ENW9WU8ZT2UL&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

The description and dimensions shown are unclear and ambiguous:

This is an 11" x 9" x 6" shoulder bag with a large zipper compartment and 6 double snap pouches. The pouches work great for magazines, but this multi-purpose bag is perfect for any other equipment.

Made from heavyweight canvas and

• Product Dimensions: 16.6 x 11.6 x 2.3 inches

'Made from heavyweight canvas and...'    And what? 

Which set of dimensions is correct? 2.3 inches? What dimension is only 2.3 inches?

Think I'd ask for clarification before ordering this.

• 2 months later...