Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Why login to play my own backing tracks ???????

BuleriaChk

Why should I have to login to my account to play backing tracks IN MY OWN MUSIC LIBRAY in the AMPLIFI IOS app?

I often play where there is no internet support or connection possible, and really need my backing tracks while making changes to my tones in live performance..

WTF?

Update: My Amplifi 75 just walked in the door from Sweetwater at firmware 1.00.  I tested it briefly, and I believe  I was able to access my own tracks in My Music without logging in.  I then updated the firmware to the current version, and all of a sudden it requires me to log in to use Jam Tracks from commercial vendors, and I can't access my own.  If this is true, my Amplifi 75 goes back to Sweetwater (at $35 return shipping), since this is a deal breaker for me; as a Flamenco guitarist I create my own backing tracks using Ableton Live.

Mobile Pod doesn't do this, WTF should Amplifi.  It makes no sense whatever, and Line 6 is shooting itself in the foot.  Playing Jam Tracks from commercial vendors (including Line 6) should be an option, not a requirement, as mentioned in the first reply to this thread below)

No good reason and this is a violation of one of Apple's iOS App Store guidelines (rule 5.1.1 (ii) states " If your app doesn’t include significant account-based features, let people use it without a log-in. Apps may not require users to enter personal information to function, except when directly relevant to the core functionality of the app or required by law.") so I would report them to App Store Support. 

Pretty disappointing after paying several hundred dollars for the amp.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 5:42 PM, sirshannon said:

No good reason and this is a violation of one of Apple's iOS App Store guidelines (rule 5.1.1 (ii) states " If your app doesn’t include significant account-based features, let people use it without a log-in. Apps may not require users to enter personal information to function, except when directly relevant to the core functionality of the app or required by law.") so I would report them to App Store Support. 

Pretty disappointing after paying several hundred dollars for the amp.

See OP for update

Of course, my backing tracks don't loop.  I simply make them 12 minutes or so.

If Line 6 requires looping, then they should create a proprietary "Log In" folder in My Music, and provide us with a mechanism for looping seamlessly. (iOS doesn't allow easy seamless looping like Windows, especially for mp3.  Even so, the process could be automated and invisible to the user - the tracks would then have a proprietary "Jam" format. )

Nevertheless, I STILL should be able to play tracks from My Music, for intermission, if nothing else, independently of a WiFi connectionl