Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix extended service.

beascott

I have a question about buying the extended warranty. From the Helix site:

"Please note that a copy of the original purchase receipt is required to qualify for any warranty service."

I know these words are very explicit. But I have a hard time believing that if I buy the extended warranty, I can't get service without a sales receipt. I bought my Helix as an open box item from a Sam Ash in Tampa, Florida. I'm in L.A. There was no paperwork in the box and I never bothered to try to get anyone to send me a receipt. So I should just save my money and not buy the extended warranty?

6 hours ago, specracer986 said:

I have a question about buying the extended warranty. From the Helix site:

"Please note that a copy of the original purchase receipt is required to qualify for any warranty service."

I know these words are very explicit. But I have a hard time believing that if I buy the extended warranty, I can't get service without a sales receipt. I bought my Helix as an open box item from a Sam Ash in Tampa, Florida. I'm in L.A. There was no paperwork in the box and I never bothered to try to get anyone to send me a receipt. So I should just save my money and not buy the extended warranty?

I had my card statement as well as the shipping information via an email.  That worked for me.

It's probably getting close to two years since I bought it. I haven't needed any repairs, but I'm relying on the Helix as my band rig and I don't want to get caught without a plan B in case something happens. I'll probably try calling Line 6 before I buy a warranty. Thanks.

17 hours ago, specracer986 said:

It's probably getting close to two years since I bought it. I haven't needed any repairs, but I'm relying on the Helix as my band rig and I don't want to get caught without a plan B in case something happens. I'll probably try calling Line 6 before I buy a warranty. Thanks.

I have come to rely so heavily on the Helix that I got the warranty with loaner capability.  With the slight difference in cost it just makes sense for me.