Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Turn off Tap footswitch

volcanotim

There's no way to disable it, really. Of course, if you don't use note values for time-based parameters, it will have no effect. If you are still manually setting a BPM, it will. You can minimize its effect by setting the Tempo Select parameter in Global Settings>MIDI/Tempo to "Per Snapshot" and setting the Snapshot Edits parameter under Global Settings>Preferences to "Discard". That way if you do happen to bump it, it would only affect the snapshot you were currently in and would be forgotten as soon as you went to another snapshot.

Thanks but it raises another question

I don't understand what snapshot discard and recall does. I have it on recall at the moment and if I make a change without saving it goes back to the previous setting. Which seems to be the same thing discard does. I don't see the point, does anyone have an example of how you might want to use one over the other?

3 minutes ago, volcanotim said:

I don't understand what snapshot discard and recall does. I have it on recall at the moment and if I make a change without saving it goes back to the previous setting. Which seems to be the same thing discard does. I don't see the point, does anyone have an example of how you might want to use one over the other?

If you have it set to Recall, if you make changes in, say, Snapshot 1 and then go to Snapshot 2, the changes you made in Snapshot 1 are automatically saved if you go back to Snapshot 1. You still have to re-save the preset if you want those changes to be saved with the preset. If you have it set to Discard, any changes you make in a snapshot are lost as soon as you leave that snapshot unless to save the preset.

It comes into play more in playing live than elsewhere, although, I like having it set to Recall while editing at home, too. But playing live, it might be confusing if you make changes in a snapshot and then have those changes remain if you leave and come back to a snapshot.