Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mapletop

detune

Recommended Posts

hi,ive seen how you detune.like step on button and it gos to Eb. thats -1.but can you do it +1  so you wouldnt have to use a capo  on 1st fret?thanks.trying to get out of useing capo.if theres a nother way please let me know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Helix doesn't do polyphonic pitch shifting, so using it to detune is not a great option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is not the best but it can be done.  

 

Use the Simple Pitch FX.  Put it as the very first thing in your FX chain.  Interval +1 and mix on 100%. Leave everything else at 0.0.

 

The Whammy DT pedal is the only polyphonic pedal I know that goes up (most just go down in pitch) but you may want to check out Electro Harmonix pedals.

 

Line 6 seemed to hint that they were working on polyphonic pitch shifting but I would not hold my breath.  It couple be a very long time before it becomes a reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, hollis1003 said:

Line 6 seemed to hint that they were working on polyphonic pitch shifting but I would not hold my breath.  It couple be a very long time before it becomes a reality.

 

Whoa whoa whoa... where did you see this?!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Thurston9 said:

 

Whoa whoa whoa... where did you see this?!!

 

I've read it in a couple places.  I think the word was that they hired someone (or more than one) with specific software knowledge on polyphonic pitch shifting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, hollis1003 said:

I've read it in a couple places.  I think the word was that they hired someone (or more than one) with specific software knowledge on polyphonic pitch shifting.

 

On this forum?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here and in TGP.  I've been searching but I have not found the original post, only references to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I remember reading the same thing too. Would be most excellent. Makes me wonder what other surprises they might have up there sleeves. Pretty happy with the helix already but more models of cool gear is always welcomed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go here:  

and see Franks answer.
We can’t dscuss the fact that we have a team of experts in that area on staff at all. If we could discuss said team It would be a bit before they will get to Helix stuff...but I can’t discuss.
 
If you don't know Frank he is Sr. Director Of Operations, Line 6 Inc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DarthHollis said:

Go here:  

and see Franks answer.
We can’t dscuss the fact that we have a team of experts in that area on staff at all. If we could discuss said team It would be a bit before they will get to Helix stuff...but I can’t discuss.
 
If you don't know Frank he is Sr. Director Of Operations, Line 6 Inc.

 

Hi Darth,

 

What you have there is old news - Digital Igloo (Eric) posted this way back on 14th Feb.

 

 

 

 

Edited by datacommando
Can’t link to picture so linked to old post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2018 at 6:12 PM, datacommando said:

 

Hi Darth,

 

What you have there is old news - Digital Igloo (Eric) posted this way back on 14th Feb.

 

 

 

 

Yes, but everytime someone posts about it and I say that ..... they ask for proof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...