Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Making the jump

tywebb

I've been using a comprehensive pedal board for quite some time now, but have played with POD XT, Boss GT-100 and other older modellers in the past.  After a fair amount of research and YouTubing I'm close to making the jump to the Helix LT,  but have a quick expression controller question.  I'm sure this is a no brainer to any of you guys, but haven't had a hands on with this yet and need to know if I can assign a volume or wah to Exp 1 and then have Exp 2 control the speed of a tremolo or rotary or any number of other block-type parameters?

Thanks for the assist and looking forward to rockin this beast!

~cheers

Shouldn't be an issue...

And if you haven't bought anything yet, consider the full Helix, if you can swing the $... you might not "need" all the extra ins and outs, but the scribble strips are tremendously useful, especially live... you don't have to remember what FX you've assigned where, or which snapshot is which, it's all spelled out... plus buying the big brother lets you get Native for only $99, which is huge if you want to do any recording...re-amping is brain-dead simple with Native. 

1 hour ago, cruisinon2 said:

Shouldn't be an issue...

And if you haven't bought anything yet, consider the full Helix if, you can swing the $... you might not "need" all the extra ins and outs, but the scribble strips are tremendously useful, especially live... you don't have to remember what FX you've assigned where, or which snapshot is which, it's all spelled out... plus buying the big brother lets you get Native for only $99, which is huge if you want to do any recording...re-amping is brain-dead simple with Native. 

yes what he said^^^^^^ I like my LT but i wish i just spent the extra cash the scribble strips are nice and the 2 extra send and returns is something i would have liked.

17 hours ago, tywebb said:

Yup,  I think it will have to be the full Helix.  Thanks again fellas, just placed my order with Sweetwater...  Gonna be a fun weekend!!

Give yourself longer than a weekend to get the tones you will be chasing.