Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd100 Mkii Quick Loop - Loop Time Is Too Short

fblamauer

I love my HD100 MkII now that Line 6 has fixed a couple pet peeves of mine but one still remains.

The quick loop is a very useful tool, especially when practising solos or other parts, which is my primary use for this feature. But, can you play a 12 bar blues pattern in 14 seconds? I am ammazed that I have not found any other complaints about this fairly obvious failing of this feature.

Is there a mod of some kind to increase the loop time beyond the very limiting 14 seconds?

its a hardware limitation... there is no fix...

I love my HD100 MkII now that Line 6 has fixed a couple pet peeves of mine but one still remains.

The quick loop is a very useful tool, especially when practising solos or other parts, which is my primary use for this feature. But, can you play a 12 bar blues pattern in 14 seconds? I am ammazed that I have not found any other complaints about this fairly obvious failing of this feature.

Is there a mod of some kind to increase the loop time beyond the very limiting 14 seconds?

Well I was thinking there might be a programming modification that changes the way the available memory is used. I understand that it is probably not pheasible to modify the circuit board.

14 seconds....who came up with that in the first place. Poor design.

if i recall correctly... it didn't even ship with a looper at all... i think that came with a firmware update.

meaning it was never part of the original design, and they figured a way later to make something usable.. (even if imperfect)

of course i could be wrong since i don't have the amp... just seem to recall discussions when the firmware update was released.

Well I was thinking there might be a programming modification that changes the way the available memory is used. I understand that it is probably not pheasible to modify the circuit board.

14 seconds....who came up with that in the first place. Poor design.

• 10 months later...

If the sample speed was slowed down the audio quality would be reduced, but the loop time would be increased.    Would a configuration feature like this be possible?  This would be a really nice feature to have.

That can be accomplished in the POD HD desktop. 24 seconds normal, and 48 seconds half speed. It can be switched in real time. Using that at gigs!