Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using VST with Amplify

BuleriaChk

Suppose I want to play back tracks from Ableton Live from a PC through the Amplifi USB port.  Now suppose I want to use Helix Native instead of the effects in Amplifi.

Is there any way of turning off the effects in Amplifi (other than making a "thru" patch with no amps or effects) that will allow me to use the input simply as my UCB interface.  That is, is making a "thru" patch good enough for implementing the effects in VST in live?

Or does the Amplifi use a parallel path to the USB (I would hope not - it should be in series)  I have an Amplify 75 arriving on Friday, and am trying to save some experimentation time when it arrives; any help would be much appreciated....

(PS - I have an Amplify 30, and I really like the sounds, but it won't allow me to playback my own backing tracks that I made in ableton (stored in My Music, not in Spotify) without breaking the flow (it stops the playback).  I don't see how to get Spotify to play back my own music tracks from My Music... so far... that would be a solution, except it won't list my playlists I already have set up).

No, in this post I am referring only to tracks in Ableton Live when I am using the PC. (There should be a Windows editor for Amplify in that case; I shouldn't have to bring both to a gig. 

That said, the Ampify remote app will not let me play my own backing trcks  (and stored in My Music folder in my own playback lists) without signing in, and I play many places without Wi-Fi.  If I am not signed in, it stops the backing track when I bring up Amplify to edit my tone. (I have a separate thread on this).

Spotify was suggested, but it won't let me play my own tracks, only tracks downloaded from their site.  If I try to switch back and forth between My Music and Amplify, it stops the backing tracks when I switch back to Amplify.

I shouldn't have to bring both my PC and my iPad to do both... very frustrating.

Very frustrating, since Mobile Pod has no such restriction (but I can't edit tones with Amplify). 

The AMPLIFi should playback any pc sounds, inlucing tracks in Ableton. Are you selecting the Line6 ASIO as you device in Ableton?

As for playing in places without WiFi, I would recomend pluging your phone into the AUX In and take the BT stream out of the equation.  

Or just use any other music app on your phone to stream the music - the amplifi doesn't care whether it gets audio via the amplifi app or by something else. Doesn't stop playback here when switching back and forth, although it will resync/redownload the list of builtin presets then - not ideal.

My take on this is that it is a stupid bug in the app, as I can access the (downloaded) jamtracks when not logged in. (and jamtracks by themselves are very buggy, no way to refresh the list, you have to delete and redownload...

Crazy, this is EXACTLY the problem I ran into last night.

As far as I could tell, there was no way to keep Amplifi from sending its internal path, in Parallel, to the speaker outs

I wanted to use this thing as an FRFR and run my DAW's VSTs thru from a laptop, but if I want to get guitar signal into the computer from the guitar in on amplifi, I gotta live with that signal also ending up at the speakers

In that case its just as easy to use my regular FRFR plus interface.

If there's a way around this (and a way to get a line out out of this thing without killing the speakers) I'd love to hear it

• 3 months later...