Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider V is AMPLFI FX100 pedal compatible?

louied825

Hi i am on the fence between getting a Spider V or an AMPLIFY, both have features i would love to be in one amp but unfortunately are not. With that said does anyone know if the AMPLFI FX 100 pedal work with the Spider V?  (if it did that would add Bluetooth and also add the tone matching features that are missing in the Spider V)

I keep going back and forth between which Amp to get so i would love some advice from users who have used both and also someone to advise if this pedal would work with the Spider. If it does work that would solve my dilemma and i would just buy those to have the best of both worlds.

Thanks in Advance

Louie 

Thanks Phil get that but would could i put the Spider V on a clean mode and use the AMPFLI FX100 standalone to stream music to my Spider using Bluetooth? and same can i connect it have the Spider V on a clean tone and just use the AMPFLI FX100 standalone for effects and tone matching?

I am just trying to decide between the  Spider V and the Amplfi and trying to figure out a way to have the features of both.

Thanks

Louie

14 minutes ago, louied825 said:

Thanks Phil get that but would could i put the Spider V on a clean mode and use the AMPFLI FX100 standalone to stream music to my Spider using Bluetooth? and same can i connect it have the Spider V on a clean tone and just use the AMPFLI FX100 standalone for effects and tone matching?

I am just trying to decide between the  Spider V and the Amplfi and trying to figure out a way to have the features of both.

Thanks

Louie

I don't think that would really work all that well. You could plug the AMPLIFi into the Spider V's Aux In, but that would mean you'd have to use an 1/8" connection, which isn't great. I mean, it's possible, and if it's just something you'd do occasionally, it might be OK. The Spider V doesn't have the Bluetooth streaming capability, but you can stream audio to it from a mobile device via the USB connection. Like you said, you just don't get the tone matching stuff.