Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using Hd500X as a midi controller for 100W EVH 5150III

fcarey5593

Hello everyone! I was looking to see if anyone can help me out hooking up my setup, I'm very new to midi.

I have a Evh 5150iiii 100w-which doesn't have midi built in, and a 7pin din jack. A Nux Pms2 midi switcher, a bestronics 7pin din to (2)1/4" trs jacks and a line 6 hd500x.

I can only get the hd500x to switch channels on the amp, but i am not getting any effects etc. Just straight amp sounds. Also when i switch the hd500x from left to right (clean to distortion) i cannot switch smoothly. Any advice would be extremely appreciated!!!

19 minutes ago, hurghanico said:

I guess that you can use the 4CM and change your tones with just 1 FS press..

Given that you have an amp that can be controlled by presets programmed and saved in your midi switcher, and you have the POD which every time you select a different patch automatically sends program changes to your midi controller (properly programmed), I don't see why you should tapdancing to change your tones.

just 1 FS press from the POD should be all is needed..

--------

in regard to how to switch the hd500x from left to right (clean to distortion) in a smoothly way, have a look here:

https://allabouthd500x.altervista.org/allabouthd500x/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=69

Do you know of a way to switch my amps channels using just the 4cm, along eith desired effects with it? Or is that strictly a midi feature?

Hmm....how do i send a program change number from the pod? Sorry for all the back and forth, im new to midi and internals of the hd500x other than setting up patches. Sorta wish id bought the 50w version lately lol...that one has built in midi functions.