Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G10 and Spider V

Ozzy72

I want to know if my Spider V has to be on when charging my G10. I turn it off and the light flashes as if still charging. I’ve yet to keav it there long enough to find out as I don’t want to waste time leaving it in there and finding out it doesn’t charge with the amp powered off. 

My experience with the Spider V 240/Variax Standard is that when the amp is turned off with the G10 pluged into it...it seems  to go to a slow change, because the G10 lite goes to about 1/2 normal.     I always charge my G10 when the Amp is on. Now that has been my experience.... I usually look back at my g10 after awhile and the light is very faint. If I start the amp back up ..the G10 lights up to brite.  I may be wrong...but that is what I have observed

• 2 months later...

I just bought the charging cable because I didn't want to leave the amp on for a few hours after playing just to charge the G10T, but now I'm a bit concerned that if I leave the G10T plugged into the charging cable to long will it auto shut off when it is fully charged or will it keep charging, eventually killing the battery? Anyone?

Thanks

On 7/12/2018 at 10:37 PM, Firehawk_Steve said:

I just bought the charging cable because I didn't want to leave the amp on for a few hours after playing just to charge the G10T, but now I'm a bit concerned that if I leave the G10T plugged into the charging cable to long will it auto shut off when it is fully charged or will it keep charging, eventually killing the battery? Anyone?

Thanks

It will auto shut off. I've left mine plugged in for extended durations and it has not affected the battery.