Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

ddmilne

I can get great amp sounds ay clean levels only, Any amp overdrive or distortion when playing any Rythm  is  a muddy harsh blend, No amount of filtering gets rid of It. IR;s do not help.

This will be my last post on this forum, and some of you will be happy to hear this. Apparently the only thingsome of  you want to hear is that the Helix is the greatest. There is a reason why Youtube clips only show guys paying  Lead against a backing track. Try playing Rhythm with crunch, drive and heavy tones without sounding like a mathematic result. If you cant achieve some level of transparency and string separation, what is the point. Another weekend wasted trying to filter out the offensive freqeuncies and crossover and no good result. If you havent anything to offer other than deflamatory remarks , keep it to yourself. Line6 needs to hear the truth so they can do like the rest of us in manufacturing and work on continuos improvement. The goal of multi effects pedalboards should be to not sound digital , but as near true to real  life reproduction. The Helix is being returned to the store today.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

13 hours ago, ddmilne said:

This will be my last post on this forum, and some of you will be happy to hear this.

Unfortunately, yes. But only because - despite repeated, polite requests - you refuse to provide the information about your patch(es) *necessary* to sorting out whatever mess it is you've got yourself into.

So since you will not contribute constructively to solving your problems, you should stop posting about them. It's a waste of everybody's time.

15 hours ago, ddmilne said:

Line6 needs to hear the truth so they can do like the rest of us in manufacturing and work on continuos improvement.

Yes.... Line 6 does need to hear about users complaints. But you do realize this is a "user forum" don't you? Line 6 provides these forums so we can help each other... this is not their official support channel. That is why there are people here that are irritated by your threads... they are trying to help you - but you continue by opening yet another post about the same problem. 

If you take a look at the forums when you first come in there is a STICKY near the top. "Why is Line 6 not responding?".... maybe you should have read that if your intent was to get L6 is listen.

The more I have read of all of dd's posts it seems a bit of trolling.  For myself all I get is compliments, even when I have a rough night of playing.  Great sound, really stay true to the song, the tones sound correct for what we play etc., fits in the mix without blasting to be heard etc.  Even the wife is happy.

I would be more than happy to help anyone if they are willing to help themselves too.

So easy to biotch about anything these days.

Price you pay when you have very little to keep you occupied

Back in the day not much time to play guitar-hunt for food-keep fire going-keep rival out of cave...find and keep mate.  Life is wonderful.

wouldn't be surprised this guy is indeed a troll, also because he is unwilling to share his patch he probably doesn't even have a helix, you wil be surprised abouth comments from always the same guys on almost every helix YouTube videos claiming it is sounds harsh and digital, they make it a sport to bash Helix (line6), while on real blind test video's they keep silent. or favour the helix tone and later delete they're  comments.